Too many spambots

Why are there so many? There has to be a way to cut a load of them down. =/
Yes, linking you to over sites that have no relation to RCT.
Thank you for your concern. The reason there are spammers is because RCTgo has become VERY much more popular than it used to be. I watch for spammers every day and do my best to take care of them but I don't have the time to be on all day long looking for spammers. You can still report posts and it will bring any spam to our attention much faster, if we don't take care of it first.
[Image: coaster9hd.png]
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Send me a message
What about if you're a new member the first few posts you make will be checked by an admin before handing over full control to the member.
Just an idea.
We are aware of the issue with spam accounts and are doing everything we can to address and mitigate the issue. These spam accounts exist in order to increase search engine rankings of the websites they link to - most search engines, including Google, determine the popularity of a website based on the number of links to that website and the relationship between those links and the search terms. We've disabled display of user profiles to guests (and thus search engines), as well as display of signatures to guests in order to help reduce the impacts of the account spam (and preventing RCTgo from appearing to be a link farm). That said, there is only so much we can do to protect against new, spam registrations.

All we can ask is that if you see spammy posts, report the post. If you see spammy accounts (with link spam in signatures or other parts of the profile) send a private message with a link to the profile(s) to either myself or coasterfreak900. We'll remove all content the user has ever posted and ban the account if we agree that it is a spam account.

In response to moderating the first few posts made by new members, any measures we take to address this will not be at the cost of usability for our members. I'd much rather spend my time removing spam posts as they come in than limit the abilities of legitimate new users, possibly turning them away.

Thanks for your concerns, and I assure you we are doing everything we can to address it.
Yeah, I could see it putting people of joining. Well whenever I next see a suspicious looking post (spammy) I'll be sure to report it.
(May 20, 2011, 12:18 AM)Coasteriffic Wrote: Yeah, I could see it putting people of joining. Well whenever I next see a suspicious looking post (spammy) I'll be sure to report it.

Yeah I've never had to report a post on RCTgo untill this month
I found 2 spammers today...
Me? I use Dove soap to make MY napalm.
OK here is the cereal part of my sig.
I'm playing ROBLOX and I liek wafflez. :3
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2088]