RCT3 RCT3 Platinum In Game Music Error and Patch Problems

I just recently purchased RCT 3 Platinum and here are the problems I am having. When the game launches you don't see the animations and when it gets to the main menu you dont hear any of the background music. After you launch the game you can hear the rides and the people but no music especially if you specify for a ride to have it. I loaded the same game onto a different PC and everything works fine. I have adjusted the volume levels, updated my video card drivers, and my sound card drivers too.

My video card is an ATI Radeon HD 5970 and my sound card is an Asus Xonar D2X sound card as well. I have also tried applying the updates for RCT3 but I get the following error......Cannot locate RCT3 (USA), version RETAIL, on your computer.

I would appreciate anyone that can help me I am not sure what the issue is and I have been trying to research to find an answer but no luck so far. Thank you in advance for any help on getting this to work for me.

Jeremy Smile
Ok first off, something is probably corrupted in the music files. You don't need to install updates on Platinum, as it has all of the updates. I'm not sure why it works on a different PC, but how old is your computer. That may be the problem.
My PC is less than 1 year old. My video card is one of the newest you can buy from ATI and is high end with 2GB of ram on it plus I am running 12GB of system memory. My Asus card is really nice and designed for gaming and I dont have any other issues with newer games at all. Just for whatever reason do not understand why the ride sounds work and people but nothing else with the in game music. I have even tried dumping other music files into my music folder where it gives you that option but still no luck. The other PC I installed it on that ran fine is an older machine with lesser video card specs and on board sound card. Hope that helps and appreciate your feedback.

Jeremy
Wow, that's pretty weird then, because I have platinum on a really old PC I don't use and has some music problems. I have it on a laptop from 2010 and it runs fine. I'm not sure what happened then. Maybe try to re-install it.
Thanks again for the reply. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the same type of error, so I don't think that is it at all but I could be wrong. Like I was mentioning the game functions ok just cannot get the in game music to work at all and have tried adjusting everything I can but something is conflicting somewhere. Hopefully someone else will reply back with some other options to try.

Jeremy
Do you have Windows Media Player 9 (or better) to support the .wma audio encoding?