Downloads center "clean-up"

Hi everyone,

At some point in the next week or so, we'll be cleaning up the downloads center just a bit. This is absolutely nothing to worry about: all downloads that are available and working today will still be available and won't be deleted. The only downloads that will be deleted are ones that shouldn't be listed anymore anyway, as the files are missing.

When managing a database of over 2,800 downloads, some files are destined to go missing. Either through uploader errors or lost files in one of our several server moves or website updates, we have a number of downloads (around 80 or so) where we simply don't have a file in the file system. We have no way of recovering these files and, thus, the best thing to do is remove them from the downloads database and accept that we aren't perfect.

I will update this thread once the clean-up has been completed.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in this thread - I'd be happy to answer them! Smile

Thanks,
Justin
Umm Justin so when the downloads center gets clean up will there be less files
USA Fun And Blast Is great Company to plan and design any Park so if any parks need an buyer then USA Fun And Blast is there to help.
Technically, yes. There are around 2,880 downloads in the database today; after the clean-up, there will be around 80 or so fewer downloads - so right around 2,800. However, the downloads that are being removed are missing their files - which means even though it's listed in the downloads center, you won't be able to download anything for that download anyway. All I'm going to be doing is removing those downloads from the database.
Ok, just wanted to check something... This morning around 11:30 (Detroit, Michigan) the website stoped working. Looks like it's fixed now!
(Aug 26, 2011, 08:10 PM)DiarugaCoasters Wrote: Ok, just wanted to check something... This morning around 11:30 (Detroit, Michigan) the website stoped working. Looks like it's fixed now!

Probably just some random downtime. Since it sounds like it wasn't prolonged, I wouldn't worry about it - stuff like that happens sometimes. Smile
How do i download something i get that theres a download button and when click on it it gives me the options to "open file" and "save file" i clicked open and an it just brought up a bunch of different files and i kept going in and it just kept bringing up more and more files how can i use the custom scenery and other download stuff in my park? and also are some of these downloads hrmful to my computer or RCT3 game?
(Mar 14, 2012, 05:42 PM)bravo905 Wrote: ... and also are some of these downloads hrmful to my computer or RCT3 game?

Rest assured, all of the downloads in RCTgo are safe. No viruses. Smile
[Image: comp-3.gif]

|Talk to me or just rate me to your liking.|
This website is really getting some big changes!
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
This announcement was posted a while ago... and I don't think I ever went through and deleted the downloads I said I was going to. I'll get to it at some point Tongue
Oh... opps! I feel silly.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]