Afterburner (Download in 17th post)

After a long time of not making anything for the site, I have a new project under the works. Afterburner!

It's a Vekoma Flying Dutchman, but it has an element at the beginning which sets it apart from any other Flying Dutchman. Hmmm... I wonder what that is...

[Image: shot0063z.png]

If you didn't notice, I have already done a coaster with the same concept but in my opinion this one is much better. Here you get to see what happens what happens after the launch.

[Image: shot0062k.png]

Here's the first drop, as well as the first half inversion. Looks scary! Eek

[Image: shot0066i.png]

Obviously I haven't scened it yet, I still need to decide on the scenery, decide if I want to use CS, and decide if I want to enter it in Build It!. It may look unrealistic at first, but trust me, it's not, I just have some concepts in this that haven't really been done much before.

More pictures coming soon.
Can't be a B&M.
They only use square track spines.
Me? I use Dove soap to make MY napalm.
OK here is the cereal part of my sig.
I'm playing ROBLOX and I liek wafflez. :3
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2088]
I don't really know the difference, it was silly of me to guess in the first place. How do I get square track spines? Do I need CS? Or is it more like what a different company would make, such as Intamin?
This is a Vekoma Flying Dutchman Coaster.
Not bad, but maybe change the color once you've added some scenery. And yes, if you want to make it realistic you should definitely use CS.
(Sep 14, 2011, 12:00 PM)GameProKing Wrote: Not bad, but maybe change the color once you've added some scenery. And yes, if you want to make it realistic you should definitely use CS.
I changed the track color to white and black, which makes it look better than that ugly blue I had before. (EDIT: the helix the cars are on has been replaced with a 180 degree turn in favor of lower Lat Gs)

[Image: shot0069.png]

I am not however, changing the car design, I like it the way it is.

[Image: shot0068c.png]

It looks much better now, I just have to get to the scenery and possibly work on lowering the Lat Gs, they're too high. (2.17) I also need to find some good inverted supports.

(Sep 14, 2011, 09:59 AM)Coasteriffic Wrote: This is a Vekoma Flying Dutchman Coaster.

Thank you, I should have looked that up, I'll edit the orginal post now.

Also, does anyone know what this half inversion is called? I have two of them in my coaster.
It's two overbanked turns in the same direction. (Shown Below)

[Image: shot0067x.png]

The color looks better now, can't wait for the release.
Sorry for all the questions, but can anyone recommend good custom supports for inverted coasters?

Also the track itself is done, with some minor changes I got the Lat Gs down to 1.92. I might as well give you the basic ratings before I start scening.

E: 8.00
I: 7.66
N;5.79

Inverted, supports, meh?, MSJ. (moby steel jungle). I also would recommend a better graphics card, (it looks low)
I added a lot of scenery and used a good amount of CS, and the result looks pretty good. I still have some terraforming, fencing, and custom supporting to do, but I got a lot done. Also, the graphics card is something that I cannot really improve at the moment. Right now, I'll show you a few shots of the station and the launch tunnel.

[Image: Shot0070.jpg]

This is the station from the outside...

[Image: Shot0071.jpg]

And here's the inside. The exit is attached to the coaster, but I put it in a tunnel. As you can tell, I went for the industrial look and it turned out good. The track however, does not go outside right after leaving the station, but goes through a tunnel as well. (shown below)

[Image: Shot0072.jpg]

As you can see, the tunnel goes until the brakes end, and the brakes obviously launch the coaster, which creates a really nice effect. I have pretty much all the scenery done except fencing and putting up custom supports as said above. I have some more pictures of the completed scenery, but I think I'll wait before showing them. Tongue

From what I understand, custom supports, especially for an inverted coaster, looks tricky. I've never worked with custom supports before, so I'm definitely going to have some trouble with it.Frown I haven't done any supports yet, but the right side up ones shouldn't be a problem.