Somethings wrong with rctgo!

ok so today rctgo has been a little wild! earlier today you could not get on any of the pages, and now you can go on the forums and the hompage is not being updated anymore. its still says the winner of round 80. there is this company called cloudflare and it says that it protects the websites from hackers! click on the downloads page or videos and then it says "no cached page available". what does this mean?
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
This happens when the server is too busy and crashes, it is usually fixed within an hour or two. Cloudflare is the server the site is protected by, they keep cache versions so sometimes you can see an offline view, and try to get back on.
Nope, CloudFlare provides security protection for your website (and other things too). RCTgo is hosted by Dream Host.
That's what I meant. Sorry, I'm terrible at explaining.
Sorry, ok. Anyway, I hope we've answered your question alex.
yes, you have done good.
Thanks, how you doing?
i cant explain how i am doing, but what i am doing is making a recreation of Afterurn (once again, at carowinds). i just started a few minutes ago.
I think your question has been answered already, but just to be clear...

RCTgo is hosted by DreamHost. Occasionally, DreamHost has some network or server troubles - just like any other host. Most recently, the server was intermittently offline due to a denial of service attack. That said, the reasons for the occasional downtime vary. It would be great for RCTgo to never be offline, but we don't have (or need, quite frankly) our own dedicated server.

That said, RCTgo also uses CloudFlare, which has 2 benefits: protecting the site from a number of security threats, and speeding up page load times. CloudFlare is pretty much a middle-man: it intercepts bad traffic, caches some resources to speed things up, but still ultimately points to the server RCTgo is on. Typically, CloudFlare is pretty transparent - it's there without you even knowing it's there. That is, until the server goes down. And that's why you'll occasionally see messages from/about CloudFlare when RCTgo is otherwise offline - either saying that it doesn't have any static versions of the page cached (and therefore you can't access RCTgo at all), or saying that it has some version of the page cached, even though it may be out of date.

If you have any questions about this, please feel free to let me know! Smile
well as long as i can go on an updated forum, im ok.