Question

I was wondering (I'm still waiting for my copy of RCT3 to be delivered) in "Sandbox" mode, is there a limit to the size of the park? Or is it infinite? Also, if it does have a limit, how big can it be? Bigger than any of the parks in RCT1?

I just wanted to know because I have a big idea in mind; create a whole resort, with hotels, and more than 1 park all within the same piece of land. Obviously there's only one entrance but I would just pretend it didn't exist. I would make an "entrance" for the main park, the water park and the safari park... so there would be like a big plaza where you could enter the different parks and the hotels would be just next to the parks. If you have visited Disneyland in Anaheim you know what I mean.

Oh never mind, I figured it out myself... I just created a custom scenario with unlimited money, a big piece of land, all the rides, etc... pretty much my custom sandbox.

I got the game today so I'm still getting used to it, exploring all the features, getting familiar with it... The construction of my big resort will start sometime soon
There is a limit, but it should be plenty. And as for in the other post, the link to the download is a pack of this thing called CS. CS stands for custom scenery. If you are familiar enough with the game, you would notice after a while that the in-game scenery is really stupid and useless. Not realistic. Custom scenery comes in packs. Different people have accounts on a variety of forums, and share the 3D models they made in Google Sketchup, Blender, etc. Then there is a confusing process they do to make the files into a compatible format for RCT3, leaving the users only to extract and copy the files into the RCT3 directory, which is located in C:/Program Files/Atari/Roller Coaster Tycoon3. CS goes into directory/style/themed. There are also CTR's and CFR's. CTR stands for custom flat ride. It is a custom car for roller coasters, or whatever rides on a track. CFR stands for custom flat ride. These are rides that sit on the ground and usually spind in circles, or go up and drop you. Some examples of these would be merry-go-rounds, farris wheels, bumper cars, thunder bobs, etc. CTR's have two files. The track and the car. The track file goes in directory/tracks/trackedrides. The car files go in directory/cars/trackedridecars. CFR's are extracted into directory/style/custom (You have to make a custom folder spelled "Custom". The C has to be capital and spelled exactly like that, or it won't work. The read-me file in the zip folder that you downloaded will tell you what folder to make inside of the Custom folder. The folder that that you make is the name of the creator, but make sure you spell it right as told in the read-me, or it won't work.) A more technical in difficult to install object is a CT. CT stands for custom track, and it lets you build special track pieces, that are smoother than the in-game ones. The Europea Park addon kit has lots of CT pieces, but I don't recommend to download it, because it slows down your PC and your game (because of extra file sizes). Other custom tracks are being made and the only other one I know you can download is the junior boomerang, such as Ben 10: Ultimate Mission (http://www.coasterfriends.de/forum/attac...oh0oh5.jpg) or this one simply called "Boomerang" (http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...3589_n.jpg). Here is the download for the RCT3 version: http://revolutionaryrides.net/JuniorBoomerang.html.

There have been a couple of well-known issues with RCT3 custom objects, one being you open a custom object and the game freezes, you wait a while later to know what was on your desktop, an error saying: no siv for svd. The other is you build a CS object, and the texture is a green blob with a face and his tounge sticking out. This happened to me when I installed an invisible path, witch worked fine on the ground, but in the air it would show as a green blob flat, and solid black sloped. You can see in my boomerang video at 1:21: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-YpqxjO_7Q

This post was probably all you need to play RCT3 you're whole life. Hope it helps! Biggrin
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
Thank you for your help. I'm familiar with some of the stuff since I played RCT1 when I was a kid and actually yesterday I spent some time downloading Custom Structures and Scenery. I just had one problem, the park I'm working on is a Custom Scenario, all of the packs I downloaded do appear when in Sandbox mode but not when I play Custom Scenario. Some are there but the weirdest thing is that if I create a custom building (not in scenario) with some CS parts and then open it in scenario mode, those parts will appear in the menu! Why is that? Is not a BIG problem because in the building editor I could just use the parts of all the CS packs I download and then save it as a structure, then open it in my park, delete them and they would become available in the menu; but, it's time consuming so if you know how to solve this problem that would be great.

BTW, thank you for the file share; it is full of cool stuff that will really help me a lot. Now I don't have to look all around for CS packs, I got them all now! Pretty cool, thanks.