Ride entrance queue lines and paths

We are building a park and one of the coasters has the entrance and exit a few blocks off the ground. Both the strategy guide and the tutorials say that if you are in path building mode and you put the arrow over the entrance or exit an arrow appears so you can start building right from the ride. This feature seems to not be working in our park though.

The book says "this edition of RCT allows you to build a path by starting from a ride entrance or exit. Just choose a path type and the design style, move the pointer to the edge of the entrance or exit until an arrow appears at the path edge, and then click on the arrow. Proceed with your path building as before."

I went to the placing ride tutorial to practice this and it works on the tutorial. Sure enough, an arrow appears and away your path goes.

Has anyone experienced this in the parks and how are you getting around it?

Thanks.
jjpockets Wrote:We are building a park and one of the coasters has the entrance and exit a few blocks off the ground.  Both the strategy guide and the tutorials say that if you are in path building mode and you put the arrow over the entrance or exit an arrow appears so you can start building right from the ride.  This feature seems to not be working in our park though.  

The book says "this edition of RCT allows you to build a path by starting from a ride entrance or exit.  Just choose a path type and the design style, move the pointer to the edge of the entrance or exit until an arrow appears at the path edge, and then click on the arrow.  Proceed with your path building as before."  

I went to the placing ride tutorial to practice this and it works on the tutorial.  Sure enough, an arrow appears and away your path goes.

Has anyone experienced this in the parks and how are you getting around it?

Thanks.

I have never been able to start a path right from the entrance/exit before.  I've always just had to make a path like normal, then just make the steps up to the entrance/exit.
Love Libby Biggrin
First, test in a sandbox. Create the ride and place the entry/exit. Each entry/exit requires one tile straight out which defines it. Placing the mouse on the entry/exit as you know will create that tile. Then, from there, create your path. If you cant create that second tile out (or to a side), its likley the terarrain or object (like a path tile) is in your way. Just try deleting the object or adjust the terrain.... or move your ride.