Problem with uploading a screenshot!

helluw!

I'm sorry if the answer of this thread is already in another thread, i searched the whole forum but i cant find it AngryAngryAngry

so, when i try to upload a screenshot in "Upload your works" i get this message:

Fatal error: [SQL] [1064] You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's Rewinder.JPG'' at line 1
SELECT name FROM d_screenshots WHERE name = 'nv9is5mdx9_Jarry's Rewinder.JPG' in /home/rctgo1/rctgo.com/includes/db_mysql.php on line 548

I tried the pic in .JPG, .PNG, and in .BMP, it always says the same error --'

and ps; i understand nothing of what the error says so i post it here.. ^^
Try renaming the file so that it doesn't contain a ' in the file name. That should be what's causing the problem.
I can't get a screenshot to upload either. It claims it works, but at the same time gives me 'Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/rctgo1/rctgo.com/includes/addons/downloads/ajax.php on line 213' when I click save changes.
When I had this problem I changed the image type to "GIF" and it worked, hopefully it will do the same for you.
[Image: 528178_509529172430197_169075770_n.png]
My Website: ✏ RCTgoMatthew
Are you struggling with, RCTgo, RCT1,2,3, NoLimits, Thrillville or Thrillville: Off The Rails?
Just PM me about the things you want sorting out and I will be willing to help you.
I also tried GIF, but it gives the same error...

Anyway, I tried what Justin says and it works so thanx justin.
For anyone who's got tha same error, just don't typ any ' or " or whatever in your pic name Smile
(Jul 22, 2012, 02:04 PM)jari Wrote: I also tried GIF, but it gives the same error...

Anyway, I tried what Justin says and it works so thanx justin.
For anyone who's got tha same error, just don't typ any ' or " or whatever in your pic name Smile

Okay, I'm glad that fixed the problem. I'll look into trying to allow ' and " in the future but right now those do need to be avoided.

(Jul 21, 2012, 07:05 AM)BenAgain Wrote: I can't get a screenshot to upload either. It claims it works, but at the same time gives me 'Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/rctgo1/rctgo.com/includes/addons/downloads/ajax.php on line 213' when I click save changes.

Are you experiencing an error when you try to upload screenshots with a new download or when you're trying to add screenshots to an existing download? This'll help me track down the error.