Kinderly's Park Tutorial Pt. 1

Hello everyone on rctgo, if you don't know me I am Kinderly, maker of Oakwood Amusement Park, and my current project Hearton Woods Amusement Park.

I bring you a tutorial about realistic park making for those of you who have trouble building nice realistic parks. Today we will go over the landscape.

Park building isn't just about the rides, its also about the surroundings. In order to create a nice realistic park you will need to change the terrain, add foliage, and lakes/ponds/rivers. It is highly recommended you use the scenario editor.

[Image: Shot0295.jpg]
Lets start at the edge of the map so when we build the park we have an area for a guest injection point.

[Image: Shot0285.jpg]
Start by adding a variety of trees that go well together. I'm using the Med sugar maple, oak, and sugar maple trees from spices tree set.If your park climate is temperate like this example add pines, if not don't.

[Image: Shot0286.jpg]
Here's a trick that I use when creating a large expanse of forest, save the forest into a building.

[Image: Shot0287.jpg]
Name it whatever you want. I'm naming mine generic forest.

[Image: Shot0288.jpg]
Load your building from the database, and place wherever. To make it most realistic rotate the trees, and vary the location.

[Image: Shot0289.jpg]
If you want water then clear a plot of land wherever to what your making. I'm making a small pond so I cleared a small area.

[Image: Shot0290.jpg]
Lower the terrain, not to steep and a medium depth.

[Image: Shot0291.jpg]
Fill with water.

[Image: Shot0292.jpg]
Add various rocks from shyguy's rock set.

[Image: Shot0293.jpg]
Add vegetation around the pond, like swamp grass and lilly pads.

[Image: Shot0294.jpg]
This is your final result. I don't usually add hills just yet because I build the park before hand.

Next tutorial will be the entrance plaza. See ya!
I guess you seen my idea then, this is quite different to what I said, but thanks any way =D
[Image: 528178_509529172430197_169075770_n.png]
My Website: ✏ RCTgoMatthew
Are you struggling with, RCTgo, RCT1,2,3, NoLimits, Thrillville or Thrillville: Off The Rails?
Just PM me about the things you want sorting out and I will be willing to help you.
Yes I know its quite different, but I will go in depth with this, like building structures(exterior/interior) paths, rides, rollercoasters + supporting.
^ Please can you do Coaster Supportings next, cuz' I struggle with those, thanks.
Are you struggling with, RCTgo, RCT1,2,3, NoLimits, Thrillville or Thrillville: Off The Rails?
Just PM me about the things you want sorting out and I will be willing to help you.
Thanks, Kinderly! Where'd you get the swamp grass? I have lily pads from LG Harbour set. But the swamp grass is new to me. I'm trying to make a poplar tree for my Memphis Park. Trees are hard to make, turns out, lol.

Have fun!
[Image: buckwilde_zps70f957c2.jpg]

I tried being normal, but it was terribly boring, so I gave it up for Lent.
I just noticed this is pretty much the same as my landscaping tut. I like the idea of saving the trees as a structure, though.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
RCTgoMatthew-It will come eventually, I'm doing this in order.
buckwilde-The swamp grass is from spices vegetation set
alexwohlbruck-Yeah I guess it is, but after this it will be a completely different tutorial.
I may make a custom support set. But no time from now.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
^ Kinderly's tutorials are much easier to follow by the step-by-step's.
Welcome back everyone! We will be working with the entrance plaza in this update.

[Image: Shot0296.jpg]
Back to the forest we made last update.

[Image: Shot0297.jpg]
To start clear out a major chunk of the trees.

[Image: Shot0298.jpg]
Lay down some outer asphalt path.

[Image: Shot0299.jpg]
Next lay down some inner path. This path is spice's epcot path.

[Image: Shot0300.jpg]
We will be laying down some path covers now, I use coaster joe's pathway extensions.

[Image: Shot0301.jpg]
Add some curves to the path, and delete some of the asphalt path, replace it with the invisible doodads pathway. This way the asphalt path won't show through and will allow peeps to walk over it.

[Image: Shot0304.jpg]
Clear two spaces from the inner pathway, ticket booths will go here. Start the ticket booths with a stall from the invisible doodads set. Make sure it is the one closest to the pathway. Unfortunately there is no way to make them function as ticket booths, but just make them info stands.

[Image: Shot0305.jpg]
Make a 1h wall facing outwards all the way around both stalls.

[Image: Shot0306.jpg]
Add some brick mouldings from MS Set 1, and make them 2h, and add cornices from MS Set 1 around the booth at 3h.

[Image: Shot0308.jpg]
Add a roof and roof support from MS set 1 and 9 around both ticket booths.

Your ticket booths are now finished! Next update we will make the turnstile building.

Have fun!