Hello all, also help?

Obviously new here, I am an old fan of Rollercoaster Tycoon games and am looking to recapture that nostalgia. I am only looking to purchase the original game, no 3d graphics, no "in-coaster" cameras, none of that. Alas my gaming PC does not have a disc drive (Alienware M11x) so I am forced to buy a digital copy.

I'm going to start off with a question: Will my PC be able to install and run this version sold on Atari's site? http://www.us.atari.com/buy-games/simula...oon-deluxe

It states Windows XP or Vista as a requirement but does not mention Windows 7. I am aware that some older games cannot be easily run on 64bit OS so whats the skinny here?
Yes it will. I downloaded RCT3 from Amazon and it said it was only compatible with XP, Vista, or 98. Nothing of 7. But it still works. Just hasn't been updated in a while I guess.
[Image: yZzmSgV.png]
Sounds good, going to take a break from Guild Wars 2 and install this game now Smile
Welcome to RCTgo & back into the game!

Hope you're having fun right now! Wink
So does it work? Smile
[Image: yZzmSgV.png]
Ya it does work. Had a slight hiccup because Norton blocked the install after I bought it saying it was untrusted/dangerous. Assuming it was impossible for a file off Atari's own site to not be legit I took it out of quarantine and it's working fine now.

Next stop, attempting to find a digital copy of Oregon Trail II somewhere.
Welcome to our site, pcgamer.

I didn’t think you would have any difficulties running RCT3 on Windows 7. The only problem I’ve heard of with RCT3 and Windows 7 is that after editing you can’t save the Options.txt file in 7 – something that I've heard of so seldom it could be attributed to that person’s particular system/configuration. If that’s the only problem then that’s quite impressive for a game that was invented for XP while Vista was in development and before we had ever heard of W7.

I’ll admit I was concerned when you indicated your OS was 64-bit but I’m glad to see this wasn’t an issue either.

Where you’ve written you are interested in the basic game, do you mean RCT3 Vanilla with no expansions, or do you mean RCT3 with the expansion packs but in a scaled down version?

I would mention that if someone finds themselves with RCT3 disks (or any CD or DVD disks) and a PC with no drive that it’s possible to get a USB external disk drive for the system.

And Norton? Confused NORTON!!? Angry The only other top-heavy applications I know of that suck up system resources like Norton are AVG and McAfee Devil. I tried it once ages ago, gave it another chance again a few years ago and have left it alone since Angel. Besides the false positive with your RCT3 installation, how are you finding it?
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

(Dec 28, 2012, 07:09 AM)FlightToAtlantis Wrote: Welcome to our site, pcgamer.

I didn’t think you would have any difficulties running RCT3 on Windows 7. The only problem I’ve heard of with RCT3 and Windows 7 is that after editing you can’t save the Options.txt file in 7 – something that I've heard of so seldom it could be attributed to that person’s particular system/configuration. If that’s the only problem then that’s quite impressive for a game that was invented for XP while Vista was in development and before we had ever heard of W7.

I’ll admit I was concerned when you indicated your OS was 64-bit but I’m glad to see this wasn’t an issue either.

Where you’ve written you are interested in the basic game, do you mean RCT3 Vanilla with no expansions, or do you mean RCT3 with the expansion packs but in a scaled down version?

I would mention that if someone finds themselves with RCT3 disks (or any CD or DVD disks) and a PC with no drive that it’s possible to get a USB external disk drive for the system.

And Norton? Confused NORTON!!? Angry The only other top-heavy applications I know of that suck up system resources like Norton are AVG and McAfee Devil. I tried it once ages ago, gave it another chance again a few years ago and have left it alone since Angel. Besides the false positive with your RCT3 installation, how are you finding it?

Oh no, I mean the very beginning, the original RCT. And ya I know, all lot of people hate Norton claims it devours resources but my computer isn't slowed down all too much and I owe a lot to the virus protection I've received from it.