Help With Images

When I upload my creations and I want to put an image with it,it always says

Sorry, the file type you tried to upload for your screenshot is not permitted.

Does your file happen to be in bitmap (bmp) format? If so, that format is not allowed. Please try 'jpg', 'gif', 'png', or 'tiff' instead.

Please go back and try again.

I use jpg gif png and tiffs and it still wont let me.
Why cant I upload the pics?
Are you just changing the letters after the "." of the file name? such as scr01.bmp (and just changing the letters to "scr01.jpg"?) That's not the way to go about it.

You should be opening an image in an image editor program, and under the FILE menu, select "Save As..."

You should then be able to choose which file TYPE you can save the image as. Such as JPG, GIF,PNG or TIFF. (Also name the file something besides SCR01.jpg)

For example:
Lets say you're editing/converting images of a cool coaster you named "Blackhawk" Just drop all the vowels and shorten the name to "blckhwk".

Some programs only allow eight (8) letters for a file name. If you only have one space left for a number, yet you have over 10 images, I suggest using the alphabet, instead of numbers. So a series of images may turn out like this... (note the last letter of the file name, (not the "extention" after the ".")

blckhwka.jpg
blckhwkb.jpg
blckhwkc.jpg
blckhwkd.jpg
blckhwke.jpg
etc...
You'll get 26 images, all named differently, and only have to alter one character space.

Hope this helps.
I've got that problem over here as well (jsut 2 times, the times I tried to upload a picture).
You sure it's because of the 8 character limit?
signature your as this put backwards this read to
enough smart were you if..

if you can raed the flwonolig, tehn you have a wried bairn.
Thanks,It worked!
I think that's a yes ^^

it is a yes!

l:-) unibrow face!
Some image editing programs, (the older ones,) have an eight (8) charater limit for a file name. I'm not sure if the forum programming only allows an eight (8) character limit, or not. This is something you have to talk about with the Administration of RCTGo.
Well, for an upload I made with more than 8 characters it worked. Think it only applies to the pictures then.

more than 8, yea it worked
Cut the pizza into 4 slices cuz im not hungry enough to eat 6
Some, not ALL programs will only allow eight (8) characters. Seems that the forum will allow more than eight. Which is good.