Marina Towers Park and Resort

When I think of Marina Towers, I think of this:
[Image: 3099612418_5a2b9d3796.jpg]
I LOVE the food court and pool areas!!Biggrin Coming along magnificently!Smile
Thanks for your great comments. Work on the park is still ongoing and I hope to have another update in about a week.

(Jun 2, 2013, 12:13 PM)TheMaxster Wrote: When I think of Marina Towers, I think of this:

Oo-o-oh. I've taken a screenshot and will try and duplicate it some day. The building in the photo's quite old but still looks timeless. In Detroit, isn't it? Some while back I was leafing through some old National Geographics and noticed it featured in one of their magazines. The two things I remember most about that article is that the lower 15 floors in each tower are for parking and that city noises fade the higher one goes up - residents above the 35th floor hear nothing from the city below.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

There are now rides and coasters at Marina Towers Park and Spa Resort. Here in the park’s Kiddie Korner we have Insect House, Reptile & Amphibian House and behind them junior coaster Crazy Caterpillar*. Directly above Crazy Caterpillar in this image is the park woodie, Viper One*. At the right of the image is our reverser coaster, Fliptastic*.

The beach at Inverurie Inlet is at the left in this image. We got out here early today and have flown the helicopter around the park in order to get some of these images to discuss park progress at the next board meeting.

[Image: xin4.jpg]

This is after the lift hill and first drop in Viper One.

[Image: qfl5.jpg]

Gondoletta has been placed as well. Following is an image showing a few of the Gondoletta boats out in Inverurie Inlet.

[Image: 2hvx.jpg]

We’ve been extremely busy what with reducing the size of our island**, recontouring, landscaping and building rides. In view of this, apart from removing the short palms that were blocking the view at the south of the Promenade we haven’t had the time we would like to focus much on scenery and plantings. In this next image can be seen the North Gondoletta Boat House. Some of the Gondoletta track can be observed in the bottom of the image under the water. As you see we haven’t yet put the cladding on the aquarium base.

[Image: zi90.jpg]

You will also notice we’ve placed Dolphin Show, Orca Show and Sky Sling. As an added feature to this area of the park we’ve included an underwater path system which incorporates the exits from Aquarium and Orca Show. At one point the exit from Aquarium was to be included in the underwater path but that would have looked excessive, been in the way of Gondoletta and because eventual path access would be needed for Crazy Caterpillar, Insect House and Reptile & Amphibian House the exit from Aquarium has been adjusted. Also to be seen in this image is the east station for Park Services Monorail. After careful deliberation we’ve decided Mag-Lev is not quite right for our park. We’ve chosen a standard model monorail because the designers of the Europa Park monorails expected too much control over where to put their track in addition to which they believed they were to select the train style we were to use – a situation that our park design team simply would not have. Marina Towers Park Services Monorail is the second ride we’ve put in a park that’s a true shuttle.****

[Image: a1e6.jpg]

Because of their activity and the treats we’ve been feeding our underwater animals we’ve had lots of shark sightings and use electronic barriers to protect our animals and to protect the guests swimming at our beaches.

[Image: fug2.jpg]

Huge assortments of sea birds also visit our island because our isolated location is a convenient stop-over for them during their long journeys across the ocean. While we don’t mind them being here we make it a policy to leave them to feed naturally. We have a huge team of staff in place that do nothing except go around the park and pick up after the birds while our janitors are extra careful to be sure there is no park food left exposed and unattended.

[Image: lphd.jpg]

This is a slightly improved view of the east station for Park Services Monorail.

[Image: 8llf.jpg]

Here is an excellent view of the North Gondoletta Boat House. Both the north and south boat houses have been built from materials salvaged from demolition sites from various Mediterranean locations.

At the roofline of the boat house is Viper One seen here from another angle. The painting of Viper One is nearly completed. As you see the workmen have put the primer on the supports and the colour paint coats will follow. Behind it at the right can be seen Roto Drop and Parachute Drop. Between the drop rides and the woodie can be seen Dodgems on the beach also at the right. While it has always been a popular ride we’re not sure at this time if we’re going to go ahead and place booster bikes in this park.

[Image: bazh.jpg]

And here’s an aerial view of Canoes, Rowing Boats and Windsurfer, all situated near the boat house. It took them awhile to figure it out but rather than get lost on the windsurfers the guests now happily sail a direct route around the entire park.

At the top right of the image, the blank sandy area opposite Dodgems in front of Viper One is the likely location for the animal enclosure.

[Image: rybf.jpg]

An aerial view of Roto Drop, Parachute Drop, Bumper Boats and Jet Skis. We’re waiting for additional guest feedback to determine if we need to extend the area into which we’ve placed Bumper Boats.

[Image: ztt8.jpg]

Following is an image of Cerberus Track*, our steelie with lay-down cars.

[Image: n57e.jpg]

We are pleased to report that the designers and decorators have completed their work renovating the Towers structure main entrances. We are enjoying this view while boating from the south west corner of our park. That’s Cerberus Track in the background to the left.

[Image: sjg0.jpg]

In addition to the rooftop restaurant there will be a rooftop conservatory and at least one more conservatory at ground level.

[Image: 2p.jpg]

This is a charming shot of one of the waiting areas outside our entrance plaza:

[Image: x4lz.jpg]

Moving around to the south side of our island here’s the other station for Park Services Monorail, the south station.

[Image: nxop.jpg]

And just a few steps away is our Pool Shops Plaza, now completed.

[Image: jo.jpg]

There are also waiting areas at the access points of Pool Shops Plaza.

[Image: eyml.jpg]

Guests wishing to access the pool directly from the Towers can now do so as we’ve very nearly completed the renovations to this area. The decorators tell us there are a few final touches to add. You’ll note the Park Services Monorail track above the pool decking.

[Image: htpp.jpg]

Since we’ve received a confirmed booking from Aubrey Allure, one of our swimsuit suppliers, to do a couture show here, we’ve already received word of further interest from some of the other designers who have majorly booked our spa facilities and who want to bring their teams out here to do several shoots at Marina Towers. And just this morning one of our guests on his way to breakfast in the Versailles Room told us they’re with one of the studios and that they have in mind a film that would do well to be shot at our location. Reception staff at the Versailles tell us he was the first guest there this morning as he had heard the helicopter and, until they spoke on the phone, he believed an expected colleague had arrived early at our island.

[Image: ehx6.jpg]

We’ve removed the shrubbery from around the border of the pool and replaced it with glazed ceramic brick which coordinates beautifully with the waterline tiles inside the pool. During this time the deciduous trees were removed from the pool and shipped to one of our other parks because the gardeners and the pool maintenance staff said the tree leaves were a problem and because that type of tree also didn’t seem to go with the image we want Pool Complex to portray here in this park. As sometimes happens, after that we were no longer satisfied with the standard lighting that came with the pool so we’ve removed all the standard pool lamps, replaced them with a more suitable type***** and sold the old lamps on. A few of the pool gardens remain to be planted.

[Image: 4ovp.jpg]

A view towards our new hotel/pool entrance through one of the pool gardens:

[Image: p9cb.jpg]

And further back still. Our chief gardener is also a landscape designer and one of his design choices can be observed here. Some of our palms are kept always manicured and others go longer between trims if the gardener and chief park designer believe it will add to the character of that area.

[Image: qhje.jpg]

And our brief tour around the pool continues:

[Image: rxr.jpg]

And ends with a lovely vista that includes Inverurie Inlet.

[Image: 5owa.jpg]

* Viper One, Fliptastic and Cerberus are either RCT1 or RCT2 coasters I downloaded several years ago, have imported into RCT3, and to which I’ve made various changes. Cerberus has had so many adjustments made to it over the years it could be considered to have been completely made over. I wanted to place another steelie instead of Cerberus Track but that ride was so big the game suffered video fallout with track pieces and supports winking in and out of existence. Although that ride worked fine, with the train travelling through mid-air at times on track that could temporarily not be seen, it was obvious the game engine was labouring so I took the ride out. My stand-by woodie is way too big to fit into this park.

** The park size has been reduced from 210x210 to 120x210. With only one enclosure slated for placement instead of ten I kept looking at all that ground wondering what I was going to put into the park. I saw this as an excellent opportunity to reduce the park size because I want to keep this park small and because of the boost I’d give the game engine with a map that’s less 18,000+ land tiles. It’s interesting to note that because the map shape is now a rectangle rather than a square I can no longer rely on clicking on a spot on the park map and expecting that to take me to where I want to go. Usually if I double the distance that will work but sometimes the map doesn’t seem to know where I want. At one time I clicked on the map and the game crashed so I no longer use the map much to navigate the park.

*** Crazy Caterpillar (junior coaster) and Marina SeaQuarium (aquarium) have been made from the ground up by me. Crazy Caterpillar is not a ride name that I came up with myself. I believe it’s the name of a junior coaster ready-made ride that came with RCT1.

**** The only other time I placed a true shuttle in a park was way back in RCT1, in which game the monorail actually slowed down to go up an incline. Not only was I not sure mag-lev would be suitable for Marina Towers but I considered mag-lev had to be placed, the track then covered with additional CS, probably a hundred or so support killers used next and then the supports replaced as further CS.

***** Vodhin has a great New Orleans lamp in his set but they weren’t quite tall enough and looked like they were extremely poly intensive. The ones I have placed I like equally well and they light up beautifully at night.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

This park looks EPIC!Biggrin
(Jun 3, 2013, 03:38 AM)FlightToAtlantis Wrote: Oo-o-oh. I've taken a screenshot and will try and duplicate it some day. The building in the photo's quite old but still looks timeless. In Detroit, isn't it? Some while back I was leafing through some old National Geographics and noticed it featured in one of their magazines. The two things I remember most about that article is that the lower 15 floors in each tower are for parking and that city noises fade the higher one goes up - residents above the 35th floor hear nothing from the city below.
It's actually in Chicago, and it usually doesn't look that color. During the day it is a grey concrete building. I heard that the people that live there will never have to leave the building in their life because everything they need is at stores inside of the building. Wink
We're here again later in the day and we thought we’d travel ‘round our park to evaluate what’s going on now the rides are up and running. We took a leisurely walk over to the north east corner of the park and caught the monorail shuttle back from there. By the time we passed between the Towers structure and Pool Complex we truly believed ‘Marina Towers is On the Air.’

[Image: dypo.jpg]

We’ve just passed over the Towers structure Pool Complex access point and are nearly at the station. It was a huge task manoeuvring those hundred foot horse chestnut trees by crane over the Egyptian pillars and now we’re eagerly awaiting completion of the new plantings for Pool Complex. After those huge trees were removed it’s really a miss not seeing any greenery in those areas. We can only hope the trees don’t suffer too much from being moved into this park and then moved to another location.

[Image: uesm.jpg]

Now we’re this far along on the track we can turn and look to see how the new entrance from the Towers into the pool is doing.

[Image: 3o5z.jpg]

As you see it’s not terribly busy in the pool at this time which is probably due to the rides being opened and ready to enjoy.

[Image: o2vw.jpg]

Pulling into the station we are reminded we need to approve adding another train car to Park Services Monorail. We’ve already increased the capacity from three cars to four and it seems five cars might still not be sufficient – we’ll give five a whirl and see what happens.

[Image: k2ig.jpg]

It’s a glorious dusky morning and the guests are taking full advantage of the rides that are available.

[Image: 6tps.jpg]

As we walked here through Pool Shops Plaza we found out from the staff that many of our guests haven’t yet had breakfast as they were quite anxious to get out and at our new rides. We have received favourable feedback from the staff in Pool Shops Plaza about the canvas awnings we’ve placed there. We’ve placed them because the staff believed they were necessary and because they fit the appearance we’re trying to portray for our plaza.

[Image: ac5t.jpg]

Again the pool’s not busy. We just recently evaluated it and although the old scenery is gone the new pool scenery isn’t even begun it so we’ll give the pool a pass today.

[Image: 5wsk.jpg]

Now we’re headed towards my favourite area in the park, the arcade, food court and promenade structure.

[Image: oepw.jpg]

I’ve checked and have rechecked our option to place the junior coaster on the coastline beyond Reptile and Amphibian House and I feel we’ve made a good choice. As you may recall from our previous update it was being considered for placement nearer the promenade right up behind Insect House but at the time we didn’t believe it would be that much in the way of the views of Inverurie Inlet. The computer generated images and our actually walking out there to have a look see made it an easy choice. The junior coaster hadn’t been built yet and the image we previously showed was actually an artists’ impression produced by our graphic design department using AutoCADD and CGI. Crazy Caterpillar can be seen in the upper right of this next image in the distance.

[Image: o60f.jpg]

We breezed right through the arcade as most of the guests were out enjoying our rides. I need to check again with the Park Entertainment Manager to see why this employee continually shows up on her shift wearing the red shark costume. She’s full of energy and the guests are happy with her performances but the red shark costume is for the Pool Shops Plaza. This shark isn’t supposed to be red.

[Image: msqx.jpg]

After leaving the arcade, food court and promenade structure we headed directly for Insect House. There were some concerns that this building would be more suitable for a horror themed park but the decorators made an effort to give it a neutral interior and we believe it integrates well with Kiddie Korner.

[Image: ry9d.jpg]

The next attraction was, of course, Reptile and Amphibian House. I’m not terrifically fond of reptiles or amphibians but I really enjoy being here in this attraction.

[Image: imjg.jpg]

And this is where Crazy Caterpillar is actually located in our park. Not only does it look well here but we believe its location over water provides excitement to those who ride it, and to those who ride the water rides past the ride supports.

[Image: 9o2v.jpg]

The kiddies have commented that they find the stairs over the water thrilling. The maintenance chief assures me a few of our regulars is going to get out there to Crazy Caterpillar and repaint the station supports. It seems the temps didn’t exactly follow some of their instructions.

[Image: xoy1.jpg]

For the benefit of the children waiting to get on the ride, some of our more adventurous guests were performing stunts at the base of Crazy Caterpillar. We were informed later by our toy shop staff that after this there were several requests for the PlayStation game, Splashdown.

[Image: m9y1.jpg]

Whenever we build a park we always put in Sky Sling. It consistently draws huge crowds.

[Image: jqm6.jpg]

Here the photographer (he’s more experienced at this than I am) is precariously perched over the edge of the catwalk to get this shot of guests on our reverser coaster, Fliptastic.

[Image: zgtp.jpg]

Next we spent nearly an hour on the water rides in the park. The photographer tells me he dropped the camera when he saw the shark but he had it strapped on. He tells me that for a brief moment he thought the camera and the photos in it were gone.

[Image: 8bi0.jpg]

And here we are on the other side of Orca Show. It’s later in the day and after lunch we ended up on the helicopter re-checking the layout of our park. Guest feedback and views like this will tell us more than any CGI or AutoCADD images ever can.

[Image: yqaq.jpg]

It took us ten minutes to climb up safely in these supports and then we had to wait to time this photo of Viper One.

[Image: rpch.jpg]

It’s a good thing our mechanics maintain our rides so well. While we were out on the water one of our colleagues rushed by to get to her manager her mobile phone which just registered the number of a supplier she had been waiting to hear from. As you see she’s running her machine flat out throttle whacked open at full tilt.

[Image: rkk0.jpg]

And here she is one frame later, having noticed her colleague on the dock.

[Image: llyj.jpg]

Unfortunately, before she got the jet ski returned her manager had gone into Bumper Boats with a few other colleagues so she simply waited patiently.

[Image: shmj.jpg]

And after our exhausting morning it was all we could do to lie down on Cerberus Track to rest up for lunch!

[Image: wh6n.jpg]

(Jun 15, 2013, 08:06 AM)rccoa coasters Wrote: This park looks EPIC!

Thanks for your comment. I’m glad you like it!

(Jun 15, 2013, 11:44 AM)TheMaxster Wrote: ….. the people that live there will never have to leave the building in their life because everything they need is at stores inside of the building.

There’s a megastructure program on one of the television channels. For awhile they've included everything in these huge structures but if they planned that back then then this building was a little before its time.

Marina Towers Park and Resort looks really amazing!!Biggrin I really like the pools with the use of the Egyptian columns, it creates an idyllic atmosphere. I think the one thing that Marina Towers could use is more vegetation; palms, trees, bushes etc. I heard that a nursery company near Marina Towers just recently went out of business and has to sell all of their thousands of trees to pay back on a loan. They are going pretty cheap!!! This would be the great time to do some landscaping!Biggrin LOL
This is really amazing! I can also see some people really using stories with their parks and it really keeps it fun and interesting Smile
[Image: 8lbd5Z7.png]
DorneyPark5 | Youtube | Twitter @PaulOrtegs
Check Out My Newest Creation: Solstice
Current No Limits Project: Velocity
Well dude looking great and Awesome! thanks to you for sharing the pics about towers and parks in according to me aluminium sheets have used to completion of that tower Am i right dude???? Aluminium taps have fixed in the tower especially for water purposes they have make the tower pretty and beautiful. Am i right dude?????SmileSmile If any body wants to share the pics then please share me dude urgently???????