Newbie with a dumb question

Hi all,

I've just gotten the RCT3 Deluxe Edition, and I'm trying to get down and dirty with it, but I've got a niggly, stupid question!

I've seen people place path objects, not on a path. How do the do it? I assumed you placed the path and object and deleted the path... but not so.

Am i missing something? Is this a hack?

Also, I was wondering if there was a resource somewhere which contained like a database of all the rides/coaster types? Something that details the size, price, type, style, and other options?

Sorry to come here and ask for help straight away, I promise to contribute anything decent I come up with!

Thanks,
Eris
For the path objects problem:
1. Instead of opening the path objects menu, open up the scenic objects menu.
2. Find a pathway lamp.
3. Put it where ever you want.
There's two diffrent types of path way objects. The ones in the path objects menu, that require a path, and the ones in the scenic objects menu.

To find out roller coaster information, just click on the little yellow folder when selecting a coaster.

I just confused myself, if you are also confused then I'm sure someone will put it into better words. Unless they're as lazy as I am. Welcome to RCTgo, you will enjoy your stay here. This is a great community.
[Image: LU_Logo-02_Small.jpg]
Hi Jakk,

Thanks for the reply.. I guess it must only be scenery lamps I've seen around and gotten myself confused!

As for my question about the resources, I meant something external to the game? The little yellow folder give lots of useful info about the prebuilt coasters, but I was thinking that to plan a park properly (drawing a grid and deciding where to put everything etc) you'd need a list of size and style info for all the rides. It would also be cool to see a database of info about all the coaster types, what track pieces they offer and the speed and height restrictions etc.

I thought that somebody might have put such a library together already ?

Thanks,
Eris
Not that I know of. You see, most of us have played RCT3 long enough to remember everything about everything. Coaster sizes, ride prices, stall types, all that stuff is all in our heads. So is the planning. Trust me, it's easier to picture your park instead of actually drawing it to scale. Unless you have a huge eraser.
[Image: LU_Logo-02_Small.jpg]
Only guides I know of are here :

http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.htm...platform=0