Winged Coasters and more....

Hi I am new to this site and Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. I used to own Roller Coaster Tycoon and enjoyed it greatly. But I ended up getting a new PC and the game would not work anymore anyways a few days ago I got roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum and well I love it I have downloaded a few coasters from here and stuff and have been having fun. Then I found some coasters on here with types like Nightfligher I think and Euro something and Winged coaster after searching I downloaded CTRs Pack, and DM CTRs&CSs. And then downloaded the coaster I liked but when I went into the game and tried to test the coasters my game kept crashing is there something I need to do to get them to show up I did try building my own and things seemed to work but the downloaded ones kept crashing I even made sure I had all the cs they needed and they still crashed any help would be nice thank you
very nice post
Yes that was indeed a nice post.

For help in using CS see this post and Alexwohlbruck’s post following:

http://forums.rctgo.com/thread-7362-post...l#pid83286

If the shortcut doesn’t work properly go down to post #2.

And here's another post by Alex:

http://forums.rctgo.com/thread-6116-post...l#pid68976

Again, if the shortcut's not working it's post #2.

If you really want to get into custom rides right now the items would either be imported to Themed, Cars\Tracked Ride Cars or Tracks\Tracked Rides.

There are a few other folders that might be involved dependent on if you’re installing proper rides or support replacements, paths, particles or pool items.

Most importantly, follow all instructions exactly as they are written in the read me’s that come with each download.

Also, you might want to consider streamlining your system to be sure you get the most out of your game.

http://forums.rctgo.com/thread-7409.html

Nobody does all of this but every one of us has done some of it at one time or another.

As you can see there’s so much more to playing RCT3 than simply installing it! Cool

Nice to have you with us.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

Thank you that helped greatly. I do have a new problem maybe someone or you could help with I downloaded a coster on here called the Beast but the file name is way different than others.

Example a track I have downloaded would be like this
[Giga]Superman ride of steel.trk and I would place this in the My Documents RTC3 Coasters file and it would work.

But the file for this track is
[WoodenRC]The Beast.trk.dat and I am not sure where i put this file because when I put it in the file where I have all my downloaded coasters and created coasters ie my documents/RCT3/Coasters the game does not regester the coaster as being there.
You seem to be installing the downloaded rides correctly. I would suggest you look for Beast through all the wooden coaster types that come up but of course you already know there are different coaster types in the menus in which to find different coasters.

From what you’ve written the Wooden Coaster is the first tab I would have searched too.

I’m not sure why it would be under any of the other woodie tabs but try disabling display of all coaster types except woodies while you’re looking. This will make your search easier because there are only seven woodie types. Sometimes custom items don’t show up in the menus where we expect to find them.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.