NEED HELP: Screenshots in download section!

Hey everyone, I need to know how to convert picture files so they arent bitmap images. HELP!
I'm Sumdude and I like it when coasters go boom!
[Image: 2svb23]<<<Please visit him!!! Click the egg or it might Die!
SumDude Wrote:Hey everyone, I need to know how to convert picture files so they arent bitmap images. HELP!

Hi Sumdude.
Here's what worked for me. Assuming your on Windows, right-click the image, open with Paint, once opend click File, Save as..., Change the format to GIF (only format that worked for me, both PNG and JPEG failed, don't know why) and save. You should then be able to upload this new image. Tell me if it worked.
If I assumed wrong about windows, euh..................:blushing::blushing::blushing:
I really wish I could add a signature. However, I found very difficult to sign on my PC screen without scratching it. Should I use a different type of pen?
Thank god I'm using Windows. Lol, Thanks!

Edit: NO! IT DOSENT WORK!
I'm Sumdude and I like it when coasters go boom!
[Image: 2svb23]<<<Please visit him!!! Click the egg or it might Die!
SumDude Wrote:Thank god I'm using Windows. Lol, Thanks!

Sorry dude !! I made a mistake. I was distracted when i tried to answer you. Actually, I tried several methods in a row the first I wanted to upload a screenshot, including the one with Paint. The one that really did the job was with Microsoft Office Picture Manager. You have to Export (in File menu). On right panel you select GIF as file format. But I'm sure other picture softwares might do the job as well in the same manner. You could also try Exporting from Photoshop to GIF format or from Macromedia Fireworks or Nero Photosnap. Hopefully you have one of them.
Sorry again for misleading you
I really wish I could add a signature. However, I found very difficult to sign on my PC screen without scratching it. Should I use a different type of pen?
I dont have any of those, where can I get them?
SumDude Wrote:Thank god I'm using Windows. Lol, Thanks!

What error do you get?

Edit: It may be an issue with the extension being saved in all caps (I believe Paint does this). I've modified the upload script to the downloads center so that it allows both all lowercase and all caps for the file extension.
-_-
(Aug 24, 2009, 06:42 PM)Spongebob1212 Wrote: -_-

Uh, this thread is old...
Click here to go to my Youtube Channel.
[[Image: tcsworldbanner.png]
Please people join RCTgo it's awesome!
Please join TC's world!
Uh, you noticed?

(It's not old now that we posted something.)
[Image: comp-3.gif]

|Talk to me or just rate me to your liking.|
(Aug 24, 2009, 07:03 PM)RCTNinFreek Wrote: Uh, you noticed?

(It's not old now that we posted something.)

Yea, right. Angel