RCT2 To those of you who make videos...

What program do you use and how do you use it?

I've attempted to use Hypercam 2 and Fraps, but neither will record anything or even show up in the game. Are there some kind of special settings required for either of these programs to function properly in RCT2, or should I be using another program altogether?
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
I prefer the in-game Flying Camera and Recorder.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
(May 17, 2013, 09:25 PM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: I prefer the in-game Flying Camera and Recorder.

This thread is about RCT2.
Scenarios Thread | Downloads Page | Videos Page
WIP: Rotten Candy Scenario (Mid 2015), NoLimits Intamin coaster, NoLimits Mack launched coaster
Need help? Click here, type out your problem, and send me a message.
(May 18, 2013, 02:29 AM)nerdygeekrct Wrote: …..
This thread is about RCT2.

I regret to tell you that RCT2 doesn’t have anything included that enables shooting video during the game. Further there is no peep cam and no coaster cam in RCT2 so, at the time I was severely into RCT2 although you might feel otherwise I personally wouldn’t have found it necessary to video anything in the game.

Having established that, any application that makes video of what’s on your screen is a third-party application and as such, needs to be launched from it’s own .exe file, usually from somewhere in the Program Files folder.

According to this website http://hypercam.en.softonic.com/ While HyperCam does do what it claims, it's not a very well designed program. You may find that video you record plays back at double the speed it should, without reason. Sound recording is also unreliable - on our Windows 7 systems, we were unable to record any sound, from music players, video files or browser video. We also found HyperCam to be a little unstable, and were disappointed that the default installation process doesn't put the app in your standard Program Files folder. This information alone, in particular the last fifteen words, would hoist red flags inside my head resulting in the firm determination that I leave this mess alone.

Fraps seems to be problem free until you’ll want to do some loop recording in which case you could experience unpredictable application crashes and possibly stuttering results if it doesn’t actually crash while working with loops.

I’m afraid that regardless what video application you choose you won’t be able to launch it from within RCT2.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

So there's no way whatsoever to record anything in-game? That's quite disappointing. Oh well, thank you for informing me.

I'll have to contact a few of the people who submit their RCT2 videos to YouTube to find out how they do it.
¡Viva Mexico!
I use the In-Game recorder(It takes a while but it works and is good quality) and the Flying camera(takes a while to learn how to use it).

For rct2 use Badicam or Screencast-o-Matic
[Image: 1z6sarn.jpg]
My YouTube Channel!
(May 18, 2013, 01:23 PM)SFGAzone Wrote: I use the In-Game recorder(It takes a while but it works and is good quality) and the Flying camera(takes a while to learn how to use it).

RCT2 does not have that feature.
¡Viva Mexico!
(May 18, 2013, 01:19 PM)Terry Inferno Wrote: So there's no way whatsoever to record anything in-game?.....

No that’s not quite right. Perhaps I wasn’t as clear as I could have been. It is possible to take video of RCT2 but there’s nothing in RCT2 that will take videos. You need another application, installed separately from RCT2 in order to take videos of RCT2. This third-party application will take a video of RCT2 for you but it will do so from its own program files folder and it will run on your system separate from RCT2.

For example, if you downloaded and installed ABC Screen Recorder Utility, you would start RCT2 and when it gets to a point where you want to record the game you’ll start the ABC Screen Recorder application either from its own program file folder or from a shortcut that for convenience you’ve put somewhere on your system. Once ABC Screen Recorder has opened you’ll set ABC Screen Recorder to record and see to it that after ABC is started, that RCT2 is unobstructed on your screen so that RCT2 can be recorded without anything blocking it because, after all, ABC Screen recorder is recording what's on your screen - it doesn't care if it's recording RCT2 or it's recording you writing a 10,000 word discourse - it's recording what's showing on your screen.

I record from directly in RCT3 with RCT3's movie maker so I can’t recommend anything. What you’d need to do at this point is find a screen recording utility. ABC Screen Recorder is a fictitious utility I invented for this example in this post.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

It took a while, but I finally got Hypercam 2 to work.

This issue has been resolved.
¡Viva Mexico!