RCT3 RCT3 on MacBook Pro

Ok so I'm new to using RCT3 on the Mac, which was just released cheap on the AppStore. The graphics are good until I add custom scenery that I find here. I have changed the settings in the game as well but every level has its complications, even the default scenery.

Also, is it normal to have custom pathways that blink between the scenery pathway and the actual pathway?

Need some tips Smile
[Image: ulodap497c2.png]
SimpleFate Gaming YouTube Channel
(Sep 4, 2014, 12:04 AM)SimpleFate Wrote: Ok so I'm new to using RCT3 on the Mac, which was just released cheap on the AppStore. The graphics are good until I add custom scenery that I find here. I have changed the settings in the game as well but every level has its complications, even the default scenery.

Also, is it normal to have custom pathways that blink between the scenery pathway and the actual pathway?

Need some tips Smile

I'm not very familiar with RCT3 on a Mac. But, when I get weird things like that I go to options and I check the settings again (like you said). However, there is and LOD box you can click. You need to select custom and then check the LOD (or LOC) I may have it confused. You can check the box simple terrains. And then you should see blue bars that are half way selected. You can change that by moving the blue bar all the way up. I've found that helps a little but not always. Some custom scenery I just have a hard time with when I zoom out far away. I tried the draw distance geometry setting and increased it, but it didn't really help. If you've done this my apologies for miss-understanding what you were asking. Hope it gives you some useful info. SmileBiggrin I would also check your graphics card setting on your mac. I know there are certain requirements but not sure for the mac. And regarding the blinking on the actual pathway, you may have accidentaly placed 2 pathways or a 1/2 pathway on one of them. In my experience that has caused what you are describing (well at least for me Smile ) Otherwise hopefully, someone else on this site may be able to help you. In case I'm totally off on what you are asking. Biggrin
[/quote]
I'm not very familiar with RCT3 on a Mac. But, when I get weird things like that I go to options and I check the settings again (like you said). However, there is and LOD box you can click. You need to select custom and then check the LOD (or LOC) I may have it confused. You can check the box simple terrains. And then you should see blue bars that are half way selected. You can change that by moving the blue bar all the way up. I've found that helps a little but not always. Some custom scenery I just have a hard time with when I zoom out far away. I tried the draw distance geometry setting and increased it, but it didn't really help. If you've done this my apologies for miss-understanding what you were asking. Hope it gives you some useful info. SmileBiggrin I would also check your graphics card setting on your mac. I know there are certain requirements but not sure for the mac. And regarding the blinking on the actual pathway, you may have accidentaly placed 2 pathways or a 1/2 pathway on one of them. In my experience that has caused what you are describing (well at least for me Smile ) Otherwise hopefully, someone else on this site may be able to help you. In case I'm totally off on what you are asking. Biggrin
[/quote]

I just tried what you explained and I have none of those setting just screen resolution settings and advanced performance settings. It's available like this as another programer had the rights to sell it on the AppStore for Mac.

sorry for the fail quote lol im not used to forums.
[/quote]

I just tried what you explained and I have none of those setting just screen resolution settings and advanced performance settings. It's available like this as another programer had the rights to sell it on the AppStore for Mac.

sorry for the fail quote lol im not used to forums.
[/quote]

Ii am attaching some screenshots on what I was talking about to clarify. You were in the right spot. So hopefully this will help you even more. (and my apologizes in advance if I am completely wrong lol Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Based on what you've shown me, the Mac version does not support those features. I believe Aspyr is making some adjustments and updates to the game. Although I am using RCT3 on a MAC, it should be very good in graphics. Hopefully some updates are coming soon.