READ FIRST: Build It! Competition

[Image: buildit.png]

RCTgo's Build It! Competition is one like no other. Each round of the competition pits tracks created in either RollerCoaster Tycoon or NoLimits, submitted by RCTgo users, against each other, to be voted on by their peers. After a week is voting, a winner is crowned, and the competition starts over again.

How it works

Submit your entry
Immediately after voting is closed and the winner of the previous round has been announced, entries open. All you have to do is create a brand new roller coaster in any of the games RCTgo's downloads center supports and upload it at rctgo.com/build-it/upload. The form is identical to the one used to upload any other downloads to RCTgo's downloads center.

Entries are closed immediately after the first four entries are received; however, if an entry doesn't meet the rules for entry, it will be removed and additional entries will be accepted until four satisfactory entries have been received.

A few important notes about entries:
  • Entries must be themed -- you cannot enter a basic track with little or no scenery.
  • You must include at least one screenshot with your entry (just like normal downloads). Remember, voters judge your entry based on the screenshots your provide -- the more screenshots, the better.
  • Entries must be new to RCTgo. Entries cannot have been uploaded to the RCTgo downloads center in the past.

Entries that do not meet these requirements or are otherwise not acceptable will be removed without notice.

You can read the full set of Build It! rules at rctgo.com/terms.

Vote for the winner
Once four satisfactory entries have been received, a poll will open at rctgo.com/build-it/vote and a discussion thread will be posted in the Build It! Competition forum.

Shown will be the name of the roller coaster, the description, and all of the screenshots that the author uploaded with their entry. The author of each entry is not displayed on the voting page. This is to encourage everyone to vote based on the merits of each individual entry, not based on the person who created it. (If an author chooses to disclose that they created an entry, either in the description, the screenshots, on the forums, or otherwise, they do so at their own risk.)

If you submitted an entry for the current round, you will not be able to vote in that round.

Voting lasts for at least seven days. The day voting will close is announced when voting opens.

The winner is announced! The process starts over again.
The poll is closed at least seven days after it is opened and the winner is announced in the Build It! Competition forum. The winning coaster is featured on RCTgo's home page, Facebook page, and Twitter feed; the screenshot is used as the background image for the main header throughout the RCTgo website; and the coaster joins the list of winners at rctgo.com/build-it.

Once the winner is announced, entries for the next round of the competition are accepted.

Any questions?

Questions about the Build It! Competition should be asked in this thread.
What do you mean gold badge and silver badge?
TO ALL RCTGO USERS
VISIT http://forums.rctgo.net/thread-1461-page...ntest+Tips FOR COASTER-BUILDING TIPS
Once a SuperGoldChicken, always a SuperGoldChicken.
RCTgo's Youtube channel is back online! Check it out here.

Bomb
Sorry, I've updated the post - we no longer use a silver badge. The gold badge would be the one underneath your username in your post, saying "Featured Coaster Winner."

Also, only the winners of the ten five most recent rounds will have their names in gold on the forums. This means that the winners of rounds 1-10 will no longer have their username in gold (unless they have won a more recent round).
I don't see any recent winner's names in blue.
TO ALL RCTGO USERS
VISIT http://forums.rctgo.net/thread-1461-page...ntest+Tips FOR COASTER-BUILDING TIPS

Bomb
And you shouldn't - the winners of the ten five most recent rounds should have their names in gold. Smile
Sorry, what I meant to say was... um... simplified, the winners of round 1-10
TO ALL RCTGO USERS

Bomb
I just changed them all - coasterfreak900, codered195, Jakeo, ExampleChaz, Tellesus, and sillydude123 are the winners of rounds 1-8, and none of their names are in gold. Rounds 9-10 were won by deathfearsnone, but his name is still in gold because he also won round 11.

You can see a list of all of the people whose names are in gold here.
I see. Nice Job Jelly Belly! Do you mind me calling you that?
TO ALL RCTGO USERS

Bomb
(Aug 2, 2009, 09:24 PM)SuperGoldChicken Wrote: I see. Nice Job Jelly Belly! Do you mind me calling you that?

I'd prefer it if you didn't.
Haha, thought so. Sorry... eh... uh...
TO ALL RCTGO USERS

Bomb