Announcing the end of Build It!

All good things must come to an end and, unfortunately, today marks the end of the Build It! competition.

While RCTgo still sees continues to see new downloads uploaded every day, interest in the Build It! competition has slowed. It has been a month since Round 292 closed and entries for the next round opened. In that time, we have received two entries; however, neither aligns with the rules of the competition and would have been removed from contention before voting began.

I will be making changes to the website soon to archive the Build It! winners (so that they can continue to be recognized for their accomplishment) and highlight the current Featured Download in the website header instead.

Thank you all for a fantastic 11 years and 292 rounds of Build It! The winners (and many of the entrants) are some of the best tracks created in RollerCoaster Tycoon, NoLimits, and Planet Coaster. Congratulations to each of the winners that have been crowned over the past decade of competition.
Is there any way to keep it going with the mods help or maybe even allowing certain volunteers to code for you? I honestly believe the contest would gain popularity again with a little help. A few users have contacted me in the past asking if there was a problem with the site because of the pauses and wait times for the contest to start. This is by no means intended as an insult. I just think interest was lost to a lot of new users because of that just based on the waiting times. I for one would be glad to help in any way possible. I still visit the site daily and believe it can be busy again with the help of others. I appreciate you keeping this site going Justin and any help I can offer I gladly give, thank you again for a great place for us rct'ers to hang out.
-Brad
(Feb 26, 2019, 09:10 PM)purvisbrad Wrote: Is there any way to keep it going with the mods help or maybe even allowing certain volunteers to code for you? I honestly believe the contest would gain popularity again with a little help. A few users have contacted me in the past asking if there was a problem with the site because of the pauses and wait times for the contest to start. This is by no means intended as an insult. I just think interest was lost to a lot of new users because of that just based on the waiting times. I for one would be glad to help in any way possible. I still visit the site daily and believe it can be busy again with the help of others. I appreciate you keeping this site going Justin and any help I can offer I gladly give, thank you again for a great place for us rct'ers to hang out.
-Brad

The problem is that we just aren't getting entries quickly enough. Yesterday, it had been a month since the previous round closed and we hadn't received a single good entry.

If you have suggestions on getting interest going for the competition (and these forums in general) again, I'd be happy to hear them! We still get regular new downloads but the entries for Build It! just have not been coming in. From what I have seen the past few months/rounds, the interest just has not been there for the competition to keep going.
well i would support a build it at least till it hits 300 and prob lot longer but a little notice on things plus we in a busy time of year, i think we could make a successful contest of it by going to monthly entries take some pressures off of designers
Nooooo! I admit I'm too busy at the moment to enter any rollercoasters (moving and such) but I'd love to see a continued Build-It Competition. At least till 300. And make the 300th one a special one! Biggrin
I went 1-6 in build it with Spartan winning. I think Wild Force was my best one however. I wanted to add more to Avengers: Showdown, but didn't know what. The most fun I had building was actually Blue Bomber. The other entries were Siege Knight and Forest Rage.

I was working on a build-it back in December, but had forgotten all about it, I only had the layout though, trying to think of a theme.
User Thread: https://forums.rctgo.com/thread-23653-po...#pid133975
bring build it back
Bump haha, why not move build it to every 6 months or annual? We’ve all grown up and responsibility has gotten in the way but we all still love this competition, time is just the biggest issue I think.when I got back into the game this year it took 4 straight days of assembling scenery, tracks, cars and content. This game isn’t easy to do things quickly. A lot of us can’t make building our lives, but still love this competition so much
Maybe have a competition every few months instead of every month. That way it gives people a chance to make something really good. So maybe have a competition every 3 months. Announce the date and the deadlines for the entries to be received along with the guidelines.
(Oct 29, 2020, 10:44 PM)AmyLiz74 Wrote: Maybe have a competition every few months instead of every month. That way it gives people a chance to make something really good. So maybe have a competition every 3 months. Announce the date and the deadlines for the entries to be received along with the guidelines.

bring build it back