Video Theater Updates

Hey everyone!

Today I'm happy to announce the launch of a brand new layout for the RCTgo Video Theater! While not radically different than before, it offers a much nicer way of browsing through the videos than the simple text list from before the update. Additionally, all user videos have been merged into two categories: RCT3 and NoLimits. This should make finding official game videos easier, while eliminating the question of what RCT3 category you should select when uploading a new video.

I'm still working on making a few more tweaks to the Video Theater, but the bulk of the changes are complete. If you see anything else you think should be changed or have any ideas on how we can improve the Video Theater, please let me know in this thread! I'm more than happy to take suggestions.

Thanks for everyone's continued support of RCTgo, and enjoy the new Video Theater! You can find the Video Theater, as always, at rctgo.net/videos.

Justin

i like the new layout justin, i have an idea, that you should make a video list on the right on the video that you are viewing like youtubes's one and put the 5 newest videos on the list.
Twitter - Twitch
Who needs realism when you have creativity?
Don't kill yourself kids!
(Mar 15, 2012, 01:41 PM)invadazimrocks777 Wrote: i like the new layout justin, i have an idea, that you should make a video list on the right on the video that you are viewing like youtubes's one and put the 5 newest videos on the list.

Definitely a good idea. I'll look into adding something like that.
Very nice.
[Image: coaster9hd.png]
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Send me a message
How about adding a most-popular videos section? Smile

Also, I like the new layout! Very streamline and simplistic in its style.

EDIT: I can't help but notice... where did our old RCTgo Trailer that I made went? ._.
[Image: comp-3.gif]

|Talk to me or just rate me to your liking.|
Glad you guys like the update. This is something I've been planning on updating for quite some time. I finally got around to doing it today. Smile

(Mar 15, 2012, 10:38 PM)RCTNinFreek Wrote: How about adding a most-popular videos section? Smile

Also, I like the new layout! Very streamline and simplistic in its style.

EDIT: I can't help but notice... where did our old RCTgo Trailer that I made went? ._.

Most popular videos would mean we'd need some way of tracking how many times each videos is being watched... which we don't do currently. Not entirely sure the best way of handling that, either, because you wouldn't want things like Google counting. So I'm not sure. Frown

The RCTgo trailer is here: http://rctgo.net/videos/category/rctgo. There's no longer room for the RCTgo section in the main menu navigation, and I still need to add a link on the right-hand menu. Don't worry, it's not gone. Wink
nice thread
Is every thread "nice"?
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
YUP
Twitter - Twitch
Who needs realism when you have creativity?
Don't kill yourself kids!
That was pretty funny.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]