Welcome to the RCTgo Build It! Competition! Build It! is an ongoing competition that runs continuously - as soon as one winner is announced, the next competition begins. There are up to 52 chances to win in a year!
Here's how it works:
- Submit your entry.
Immediately after voting is closed and the winner of the previous round has been announced, entries start being accepted. All you have to do is create a brand new roller coaster in RollerCoaster Tycoon 1, 2, 3, or NoLimits - it doesn't matter which - and then upload it at rctgo.net/build-it/upload. The form is very similar to the one used to upload normal roller coasters - however, rather than being added instantly, it gets added as a contestant in Build It! Another important difference: a screenshot is required. This is so the voters will be able to see what your coaster looks like! Be sure to also include the excitement, intensity, and nausea ratings - otherwise your entry will be ignored. Entries close as soon as four entries are received.
The Build It! Competition terms and conditions can be read on that page.
- Vote for the winner.
As soon as four entries are received, a poll will be created containing those four entries. If entries close before you go to enter your coaster, tough luck - it will not be accepted.
The poll will include the name of the roller coaster, the description (the excitement, intensity, and nausea ratings), and the screenshot of the roller coaster - but not the author. This way, you can't vote each week for one person - you have to vote based on the coaster.
If your entry is in the poll, you're not allowed to vote.
Voting is always done at rctgo.net/build-it/vote. The voting period will always last 7 days. The day on which voting should close will be announced when voting opens.
- The winner is announced! The process starts over again.
7 days after the poll is opened, it will be closed, and the winner will be announced. At this time, entries for the next round of the competition will be accepted.
Order of Events:
On any day:
- Previous competition's winner is announced
- Entries are opened for the next competition
As soon as four entries are received:
- Entries are closed
- The four received entries will be posted in a poll.
7 days later:
- Poll closes, winner is announced! Coasters are all added to the downloads center by the Management
- Process starts over again, as this is also the beginning day for the next competition.
How do I enter?
Visit rctgo.net/build-it/upload, login to your RCTgo Account, and fill in all fields, including:
- Name for roller coaster
- The file
- At least screenshot
- Description (Excitement, Intensity, and Nausea Ratings)
You may enter once per competition. Past winners may also enter.
How do I win?
Get the most votes at the end of the poll! But remember - you have to be one of the first four to send in your roller coaster, otherwise it won't be accepted!
What is my reward for winning?
As a winner of the RCTgo Build It! Competition, you will:
- Have your coaster highlighted in the downloads center permanently
- Have your download featured on the RCTgo.net home page and the RCTgo Forums index for the time the next competition is running
- Have your coaster featured in the Build It! Hall of Fame permanently
Questions about the Build It! Competition should be asked in this thread.
Please note: On June 17, 2010, the name of this competition changed from RCTgo's Featured Coaster Competition to RCTgo's Build It! Competition.