Trip Report Central

Went to Six Flags Over Georgia yesterday. So I got to the park around 9:30 a.m because I wanted to skip all the lines and get my stuff (tickets, vip pass, etc.) Then I went around 9:55 in the morning I rode on Goliath with my friends. The ride on Goliath was really good that morning, I got about 3 rides on that on the front and back. Then when the park was about to open I headed down to Georgia Scorcher to get some easy rides on it before larger crowds came in. I rode Georgia Scorcher and the ride was smooth for a stand-up (unlike Vortex at Carowinds), I got a seat on the end on the ride in the front row and the ride had a nice feeling of speed, smoothness, and airtime. Then I went back on the Scorcher because the lines were much shorter than I thought, less than 15 minutes like the sign said. Then I got to go on Dare Devil Dive, I first rode the ride with no wait and was really nice Smile and it was a very cool experience to ride it. Pretty fun ride, don't think its the best Euro-fighter, but certainly not bad at all! Then I walked over to Gotham City, and it was extremely cool. I first went to Mind Bender, the Schwarzkopf loop coaster of the park, and I saw it's an ACE landmark! It has a really pretty area, and there was again no line, the crowds that day were great. And I always have to go on Batman The Ride! I always like the ride, all clones of it are freaking intense. After that I tried the new tilt-a-whirl Harley Quinn's Spinsanity, and it's pretty basic. After that, since Joker's Chaos Coaster was having problems, I went to Monster Mansion, the park's awesome dark ride! After that, I rode Wil-E-Coyote's Canyon Blaster and the Dahlonega Mine Train, which are both hurlers :P Lol no. After that we got a ride on Sky Screamer, which isn't really too scary but fun like the others, and in my opinion better than the Windseeker at various Cedar Fair parks. After that, I went to Metropolis to ride Superman Ultimate Flight. Not a bad B&M Flyer, but I got stuck on the brake run after the roll. Spent more time there than I waited in line lol. After that I got on Great American Scream Machine. One of those wooden coasters that I really like, and it's pretty smooth for 1977, or whatever year it opened. After that, I came to Acrophobia and for once I got scared on a Drop Tower lol. Then I went to the Cyclone to investigate the area, possibly to see maybe some signs of RMC, and didn't really see any markings, which is bad because it is a rough coaster. The only smooth part of it was the drop. I pretty much ignored Ninja, because just looking at it gave me a headache Frown The first word that comes to mind when I hear about it? S-hit, because that is what it is. After that, I went home because I did everything that I wanted to Biggrin Well, at least back to my hotel. My move to Edinburgh, England has been moved to early August Biggrin
Amusement Park/Roller Coaster Builder

I have some great rides made, and I post great roller coaster news!

Favorite steel coaster: Fury 325 at Carowinds
Favorite wood coaster: Ravine Flyer II at Waldameer.
Longest Line: 4 Hours for Millennium Force :P
SIX FLAGS GREAT AMERICA

Yep, I went to SFGAm for two days! The first day I arrived around 9:30, got in, and almost immediately headed for V2. It was not bad, and the wait is short early morning, but it's short. Then I went to X Flight. It's nice and smooth. Then Raging Bull, which reminded me of Titan at SFOT. Long waits, but oh well. Demon was up next. The speakers - " The Demon welcomes you! " - oh my word, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. And the ride was worse. No wonder it's called the Demon, it HURTS! Then checked out the Whizzers line, and at 60 min. I wasn't gonna wait. So instead got in line for the Dark Knight. It sucked. It was a nightmare: broke down in line (hour and a half wait at least) and then we got on and it really was a nightmare. Sorry, I just do not like clowns. Then I rode Superman: Ultimate Flight. Yes, that was very, very fun! After that I did American Eagle: Blue Side (Love Blue Man Group btw) and ate dinner at Johnny Rockets and conquered Goliath's hour wait. WORTH IT!!! So stinkin' fun! Then did Viper and went back to the hotel.
Next day I slept till 10:10 (new record for me) and had no breakfast. Just lunch. Then I went to the park and did Goliath, Superman, and X Flight. And Goliath again in singles.

All in all it was fun!
-Slurpee

P.S. I had a Slurpee. Surprise!
                                                           Total coasters ridden: 66
Soon to be more. Cedar Point, Silver Dollar City, and Six flags St. Louis are all upcoming for me. Also possibly Kings Island!

^Did you enjoy American Eagle? It's my 3rd favorite
I need a new signature.
Sure! It was fun. And I forgot to mention Batman + Breakdown + Out the entrance waits = misery.
Soon to be more. Cedar Point, Silver Dollar City, and Six flags St. Louis are all upcoming for me. Also possibly Kings Island!

^That's nice Smile Better than red side twice Frown

Yesterday, I went to Six Flags as well with my family visiting

We got to the park around 10:20, and got by the entrance to Goliath just before it opened, and (YAY!) only waited 15 minutes! It was such a great ride, but the first drop was faster than I remembered. I rode with my uncle, who went to Six Flags Magic Mountain a few years ago. After that, since I had family who didn't like the big rides, we went to Roaring Rapids. The post said 15 minutes, so I thought "That's not bad at all! Biggrin" But I was wrong. When we got in line, the ride stopped for 20 minutes because someone complained about getting too wet Frown So when we got on, I felt like it wasn't worth the 35 minute wait. After that, we had lunch in the car, then talked about the rest of the day Happy When we got back into the park, we did the Bumper Cars, or known as Rue le Dodge at Great America before splitting up! The group I was with went to do Goliath, but it was closed because they had run out of boarding passes. Did I ever mention since Goliath was so popular, they added Boarding Passes this year? Anyways, because of that, we went on American Eagle blue side, which is always nice because I usually try for one ride on American Eagle every time I go Biggrin After that, we met back with our group at Southwest Territory to ride some stuff there. Next we would do something that everyone enjoys, so we did the swinging boat ride, River Rocker! It's a fun ride, especially in the back Smile Then after that, we got off the ride, and split up again because the non-thrill group went home due to tired feelings. Once they left, my Dad and cousin went to Viper while me and my uncle did Raging Bull! We probably all would have done Raging Bull, but my cousin is only 51" tall. They always over exaggerate the wait for the Bull. Post said 75 minutes, but we only waited half an hour :P Raging Bull is a pretty great hyper, and in my opinion, the 8th best Hyper.

Speaking of that, here is my Top 10 hyper list by B&M:

1. Diamondback
2. Nitro
3. Apollo's Chariot
4. Goliath (SFOG)
5. Intimidator
6. Behemoth
7. Goliath (La Ronde)
8. Raging Bull
9. Shambhala
10. Hollywood Dream: The Ride

Anyways, after Raging Bull, we met up and since everyone was tall enough to do Goliath, we went back there! It was open, but we waited 1 hour for it. RMCs are so great, and I enjoyed it (However it's apparently said to be the "worst" one, it's the only one I have ridden). The first drop is amazing! In fact, every drop on this coaster feels pretty steep if you ride in the middle Happy After that, we went back to American Eagle because it was the only thing we felt like riding. That's when I had my worst Six Flags experience. The "shirtless kid experience". We waited about 30 minutes for American Eagle. We were about to get on, and then I saw the coaster stop. That was one of the first times I had seen American Eagle break down. They, of course, announced it over the intercom. When a worker came by, I asked what happened, and it wasn't a breakdown, he said a guest was misbehaving! I couldn't believe it. We waited 30 minutes before the person got kicked out, because they had the ride go through and had him come off afterwards. Once it came back, it wasn't a guy, it was a kid who looked to be about 13-14 years old! I overheard them talking, and the kid said "I took off my shirt, and flung it around. How is that bad?" But when I asked the guy locking us in once the ride started operating again, he said "I'm not supposed to tell you, but I can tell you that he is getting kicked out". Wow. After that, because it was broken for so long, we just got back in line to do red side twice! Red side was going twice in a row because of the 40th anniversary. I forgot how much worse Red was than Blue was, because going through that helix, I was getting tossed around, and I almost fainted because it's so bumpy! Not worth 2 rides. After that I went home. Another good day at Six Flags!
I need a new signature.
IIEEEE AM AT MARVEL UNIVERSE LIEV!!!! I'll post a trip report tomorrow   Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin
I need a new signature.
^It's tomorrow... Smile

This past Saturday, I went on a day trip to Six flags in St. Louis! We got in at around noon and immediately rode American Thunder. Not a bad woodie. Next, we rode Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast 3 times in a row with no line! We then rode Batman: The Ride with a short wait. It's a decent invert. Ninja was next. MAN, that thing is jarring. After lunch, we got on Colossus (The ferris wheel). It was peaceful. Next up was The River king mine train. After a nice short wait, we rode.It's not a bad mine train. Superman: Tower of Power was a good, but real short, ride. Then we rode the Boss in the back. I think I broke something...ouch. Then we did Xcalibur. We had to sit down after that one. After that, we got SOAKED to the bone at Thunder River. Then came the "Pandemonium kid" incident. We got on Pandemonium after Thunder River (We skipped Screamin' Eagle due to long lines and roughness) to spin-dry ourselves. We got on, and there was this little fat black kid who whimpered and squealed the entire time! "eeeeeeeee!" he goes. "I can't do dis!" So funny. Then we rode Mr. Freeze before leaving. So a good day at Six Flags St. Louis!
-Slurpee

you know i really need to go to bgt...
(Sep 28, 2015, 02:07 PM)Slurpee_Man Wrote: ^It's tomorrow... Smile

This past Saturday, I went on a day trip to Six flags in St. Louis! We got in at around noon and immediately rode American Thunder. Not a bad woodie. Next, we rode Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast 3 times in a row with no line! We then rode Batman: The Ride with a short wait. It's a decent invert. Ninja was next. MAN, that thing is jarring. After lunch, we got on Colossus (The ferris wheel). It was peaceful. Next up was The River king mine train. After a nice short wait, we rode.It's not a bad mine train. Superman: Tower of Power was a good, but real short, ride. Then we rode the Boss in the back. I think I broke something...ouch. Then we did Xcalibur. We had to sit down after that one. After that, we got SOAKED to the bone at Thunder River. Then came the "Pandemonium kid" incident. We got on Pandemonium after Thunder River (We skipped Screamin' Eagle due to long lines and roughness) to spin-dry ourselves. We got on, and there was this little fat black kid who whimpered and squealed the entire time! "eeeeeeeee!" he goes. "I can't do dis!" So funny. Then we rode Mr. Freeze before leaving. So a good day at Six Flags St. Louis!
-Slurpee

Things to note....

1). If you rode Boss in the front like I did last year it would have been smoother, but still bumpy.
2). Screamin' Eagle is actually fairly enjoyable.
I need a new signature.
Anyone else got some trip reports?

I'm going to Lightwater Valley's Opening Day in a few days so I'll have one for there.

Anyways, a couple days ago I made my first trip of the year to Flamingo Land (My Home Park)! It opened for the first time the weekend of the 12th and 13th in case you're wondering, not this past one.

[Image: i0Ll6SW.jpg]
My home park! Always fun to come into the sight of Velocity.

[Image: T01H818.jpg]
On another positive note, this years main entrance music was pretty cute.

[Image: akzax2J.jpg]
The park always greets guest with this creepy clown ride. I guess this is the park's idea of their entrance-plaza-carousel-type thing.

[Image: kJ0r2iP.jpg]
This is one of the parks (insane) FIVE kid coasters, the Runaway Train. I had been overdoing re-rides a few hours from when this pic was taken.

[Image: FXSQyEG.jpg]
Flamingoland's new pride and joy is actually this. I wish I was joking, to be completely honest.

[Image: IpwsMkj.jpg]
Huzzah! They did add one of these in 2009, and it's in my Top 3 Coasters at the park.

[Image: x7XkAqv.jpg]
For those of you who don't know, this is a clone of the Iron Hawg in Indiana. They are known as the S&S El Loco.

[Image: hu5C3wE.jpg]
While as I said it's in my Top 3 coasters at the park, the OTSR still make it a little rough. I wish they could add the lap bars, like the new El Loco at the Americadome in Las Vegas.

[Image: 8rr3Jap.jpg]
Still, overall a very fun experience, the layout is one of the most unique and have some of the most creative elements IMO.

[Image: NTvnJz5.jpg]
Anyone who can say which of these guys is me, and which one is James_Fan_1886, I will give you a carrot cake  Biggrin (Yes, Duncan and James at Flamingo Land together!)

[Image: flPYcC7.jpg]
Funny thing happened: We showed up about 30 minutes before opening together for ERT since we got 2016 Season Passes. We were going to head for Hero first (Which was broken down as usual), then Mumbo Jumbo but they said we would have to wait 10 minutes until the park opened, turned out our ERT was for after the park closed, not before it opened. WELP

[Image: E97FGTo.jpg]
Next door to the El Loco model, is one of the only Vekoma 'Shenlin' SLC models, Kumali!

[Image: hr8ERcq.jpg]
Future models of this ride feature a second helix, and over a dozen rip-offs of this ride layout have popped up all over China thanks to Golden Horse Amusement Machines.

[Image: HbyPk0z.jpg]
Like other Inverts I have ridden, Kumali is pleasant but not totally remarkable.

[Image: WKGV4pG.jpg]
Kumali has a unique paint job that Flamingo Land has since failed to maintain.

[Image: a7hL4T2.jpg]
Still a better ride than Infusion at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

(That's the name of the SLC at Blackpool, btw. I never actually mentioned its name in the report. No regrets)

[Image: kXfj86f.jpg]
I remember when this park was once home to two Schwarzkopf looping coasters. TWO!

Flamingo Land sold the coasters (they're in Mexico now) because they wanted to start investing in stationary-looking rides to help give the park more of an established feel. This decision was made 10 years ago, and as the day goes on, you'll see that their commitment to this decision is lackadaisical at best.

[Image: xuHtZAo.jpg]
With Velocity (the park's Vekoma Booster Bike, which was in the first picture of the update, also my personal favorite ride at the park  Smile ) and Hero closed, everyone on the tour scrambled to pick up Flamingo Land's numerous kiddie credits.

[Image: lQpSvA4.jpg]
This neat one is called "Zooom". It's a custom Zamperla Air Force coaster. The ride lives up to the name, but honestly. The roughest kiddie coaster I have ridden to date. Every time I ride it my left leg is boxed in by the lap bar that made it immobile, which tends to make me feel claustrophobic.

[Image: nWtodxo.jpg]
From here the park looks nice, but they are far away from leaving behind the carnival status.

[Image: vBG4wFt.jpg]
See what I mean? The leg room makes it a bad ride.

[Image: PuV0JGh.jpg]
At least Kumali, with being an Inverted coaster, has great leg room  Rolleyes 

----FOLLOW LATER FOR PART 2----

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Coasters = great! My home parks? I live about 40 minutes from Flamingo Land, about 50 minutes from Lightwater Valley, and about 2 hours from Blackpool Pleasure Beach.