Coming Soon: RCTgo Refresh

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce that coming very soon, RCTgo will be launching a refreshed design throughout the website and forums. It's nothing too different - just an updated, streamlined header design with a lot of tweaks throughout the rest of the site. Here's a sneak peek of some of the changes:

[Image: RCTgoRefresh_small.png]

Additionally, a number of back-end changes to the way downloads and screenshots are uploaded and stored by RCTgo will be coming. The transition will be as smooth as possible - if you're just browsing RCTgo, you likely won't noticed a difference. More details on these changes will be provided once they are finalized.

Happy Holidays!

Justin

Update 12/25/2013: The update will be taking place TONIGHT - more information: http://forums.rctgo.com/thread-16367-pos...#pid101734
This looks great! Can't wait! Smile
Looks nice. It looks exciting.
User Thread: https://forums.rctgo.com/thread-23653-po...#pid133975
really looking forward to this Smile
[Image: 8lbd5Z7.png]
DorneyPark5 | Youtube | Twitter @PaulOrtegs
Check Out My Newest Creation: Solstice
Current No Limits Project: Velocity
Looks sexy.
Most recent upload: Shockwave
Featured upload: Depths of Atlantis
Please let there be animations...

Just sayin' that'd be nice.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
(Dec 19, 2013, 09:53 PM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: Please let there be animations...

Just sayin' that'd be nice.

I'm not sure where you think there should be animations, but the search box and login box both slide down when you press the appropriate button, so I guess there's some animation there Wink
Also like, if you were on the videos tab, and clicked the forums tab, the blue line could slide over to the appropriate tab.

That's what I had in mind, but also when you hover over a tab, the text could glow or get brighter.

I only know the basic things about HTML, so I don't really know how hard this would be or not. I just know when I'm on Google Plus, there are animations everywhere, and makes the experience *that* much better.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
Also coming... a beautiful new thumbnail view for browsing downloads:

[Image: DownloadsRefresh_small.png]
The classic list view will still be accessible from the icons in the top right.

The back-end transition for the Downloads Center is practically complete with 15,000+ screenshots and 8,000+ files successfully moved from our primary server to a new cloud storage service. As I said before, this transition should have no effect on your browsing experience.

Barring anything significant popping up, this update should launch sometime in the next week or so! Happy

(Dec 21, 2013, 11:25 AM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: Also like, if you were on the videos tab, and clicked the forums tab, the blue line could slide over to the appropriate tab.

That's what I had in mind, but also when you hover over a tab, the text could glow or get brighter.

I only know the basic things about HTML, so I don't really know how hard this would be or not. I just know when I'm on Google Plus, there are animations everywhere, and makes the experience *that* much better.

Hmm... that would be pretty difficult to do, at least from my knowledge.
looks nice
[Image: 8lbd5Z7.png]
DorneyPark5 | Youtube | Twitter @PaulOrtegs
Check Out My Newest Creation: Solstice
Current No Limits Project: Velocity