Coconutters CS sets (in the making)

Hey guys, I'm working on a few projects ATM, but here are two that I'm currently focusing on and would like to hear some thoughts on them. Smile

The first one was inspired by all the awesome main street sets out there, but I thought they're all very american-ish (don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with that Smile), but I still kind of wanted to create a main street set that would have a more European look - I based the modeling on some great secession architecture from my home town of Ljubljana, or Prague.

The first thing I have to fix is the roof texture, I think the slates look way too big to be realistic. Other than that, any suggestions?

[Image: 96dk.jpg]

[Image: wwpe.jpg]

[Image: kpbt.jpg]

[Image: xre8.jpg]

[Image: oegt.jpg]

The second set, pieces of which I made a while ago but got back around to working on them, is meant to be a pirate themed buidling set, loosely based on those awesome pirate theme walls from RCT2.

[Image: 9niq.jpg]

[Image: z6k5.jpg]

[Image: hiar.jpg]

I would really like to hear some opinions from you guys. These are my first attempts to create a set from scratch (I usually just create separate objects that I need for rides) and they're both still very WIP. I hope I can get sime time off soon to work on them some more. Tell me what you think. Smile
I really, really love the second set. I think it looks very nice with the brown textures. Is there a way we can download these?
[Image: yZzmSgV.png]
Thanks. Sure, I'll put them up for download as soon as they're finished. Smile
I've been working a little more on the first set. I added path covers and pavements in all sorts of shapes, compatible with most planter CS sets (round/diagonal ones aren't seen in the pics yet). I also added some larger arches and a few canopies. The sets base is more or less finnished, I need to optimise it for better accesability, but I'd also like to add more details to the buildings or the streets itself. Any suggestions?

[Image: v2go.jpg]

[Image: k1zy.jpg]

[Image: ly6t.jpg]

[Image: 0jt6.jpg]

Also, just noticed a part of a pillar is missing on the arch in pic #2. Please ignore that. Biggrin
I would love to have this set in my park
[Image: yZzmSgV.png]
This is excellent work. The reduction in roof tile size is just right now. The colors are great as are the number of types of pieces, glass transparency and sizes of the various pieces. There is just enough texture there in the close-ups and your paving looks very natural.

The only thing I would suggest is a few more uprights in your balcony railings, and that you add corner pieces & a bit more versatility for the canopies.

So nice to see a Main Street set that looks more European than American. When it’s available I would certainly download it for use in my parks.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

(Jan 14, 2014, 09:47 AM)FlightToAtlantis Wrote: This is excellent work. The reduction in roof tile size is just right now. The colors are great as are the number of types of pieces, glass transparency and sizes of the various pieces. There is just enough texture there in the close-ups and your paving looks very natural.

The only thing I would suggest is a few more uprights in your balcony railings, and that you add corner pieces & a bit more versatility for the canopies.

So nice to see a Main Street set that looks more European than American. When it’s available I would certainly download it for use in my parks.

Thanks, I love this kind of feedback. The balconies are a problem as they're gruesomly high-poly. I know it looks a bit odd, but I was afraid to add more uprights in the current way they're made. I'll probably rethink the balcony concept and make a bit different.

As for the canopies, these are the very first version I made, so they are pretty plain.

Thanks a bunch for the feedback, I'm planning on finishing this asap. Smile
A small update - I've added some shop windows and a stand-alone cannopy for coffeeshops/restaurants.

[Image: 0u97.jpg]

[Image: ojmr.jpg]
UPDATE:

[Image: euro_Building_Set.jpg]

I've finished the building part of the European Main Street set. You can get it here, as well as on CSDepot once it's approved. Smile
awesome! I'll be using this on my new park soon Smile
[Image: 8lbd5Z7.png]
DorneyPark5 | Youtube | Twitter @PaulOrtegs
Check Out My Newest Creation: Solstice
Current No Limits Project: Velocity