RCT3 not working with Windows 7.

sorry for the bump, but im here just to say that it does work for win 7, because i have it on vvin 7.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
RCT3 does work on Windows 7 (Home Premium). And that's without having to run as Admin, or compatibility settings.

However, on Windows 8 Release Preview (and possibly future versions of Windows 8), follow these steps to get it working (as I already have :-):
1: Find the main executable file (.exe) for RCT3. This is usually located in somewhere like "C:\Program Files\Atari\RollerCoaster Tycoon 3\RCT3plus.exe"

2: Create a back up of that original file, put it somewhere safe - if you're not comfortable changing settings etc.

3: Right click that .exe file in the RCT program files folder and select Properties.

4: Click the Compatibility tab up the top of the window that appears.

5: Place a check in the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" checkbox, and select "Windows 7" from the drop down menu, directly beneath it.

6: Where it says "Privilege level" near the bottom of the window, place a check in the "Run this program as an administrator" checkbox.

7: Click Apply - then click OK.

Now try to launch the game.

Following the above steps is what led to me being able to play RCT3 on Windows 8. If the steps above cause problems for you, then you must have made a mistake, in which case I'd suggest you please re-read the instructions. If that fails, delete that version of the file you just edited, and replace it with the original version of the file that you backed up, in Step 2.
meow..........

( said something bc i thought the guy above me said doesn't work so i edited it to say meow)...
Twitter - Twitch
Who needs realism when you have creativity?
Don't kill yourself kids!
my suggestion...wipe out 7 (format the disc) and put XP on there... thats what i am running and have no problems...either that or google that rct3 wont work with win 7 and see what it says

(Apr 11, 2010, 04:59 PM)Cobraderra Wrote: Don't be scared to use Windows 7. It really is the best release from Microsoft to date.

I am using Windows 7 Enterprise and have never had any trouble running the various games I play including RCT3. I did not need to use compatability mode.

It is important with any operating system to ensure that you have all the latest updates installed for the operating system, hardware and games. This is the ost common cause for having trouble running programs. Try and do a manual windows update. Install all important updates including hardware drivers.

yeah ok...i installed win 7 on this and then put RCT3 on it and it slowed it down...sorry but ill stick by my good ol XP and if i am not mistakin,i dont think rct1 and 2 is even compatible with 7...LOL i can run ANY video game that is out there...from GTA3 to sim city to DK 64 (emulation)Mask on nintendo 64...ha ha ha...best release from microsoft???ha ha its just a smaller version of Vista and its more complicated to get around in it..
R3DN3CK
Works fine for me and I have "Window 7", sorry, I haven't got a suggestion Frown
[Image: 528178_509529172430197_169075770_n.png]
My Website: ✏ RCTgoMatthew
Are you struggling with, RCTgo, RCT1,2,3, NoLimits, Thrillville or Thrillville: Off The Rails?
Just PM me about the things you want sorting out and I will be willing to help you.
i tried to get a stage last night for my park and i couldnt get the cross beams to line up with the other ones its the KISS stage thats on one of the other RCT sites if anyone can make me a stage based around AC DC,metallica,G N R (guns and roses) Nickleback ***yessss*** that would be sooooo kool thanks in advance
R3DN3CK
I think there is a Kiss pack around the internet somewhere.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
I think this seems to be an issue, try creating a new account on your PC and try it from their, I did it on my old PC and it worked perfecto Smile
Are you struggling with, RCTgo, RCT1,2,3, NoLimits, Thrillville or Thrillville: Off The Rails?
Just PM me about the things you want sorting out and I will be willing to help you.
You have already said you don't know what to do. =P
^ But I just remembered, ahhhhh =)