Hmm...Are you sure?
[Image: pinkie_pie_by_moongazeponies-d3g6mt2.png]
Then if you are...
Okey Dokey Lokey!
[Image: pinkie-pie.jpg]
Cute :]...
[Image: 528178_509529172430197_169075770_n.png]
My Website: ✏ RCTgoMatthew
Are you struggling with, RCTgo, RCT1,2,3, NoLimits, Thrillville or Thrillville: Off The Rails?
Just PM me about the things you want sorting out and I will be willing to help you.
You are really obsessed with that.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
I had this same problem on Win 7. When I installed RCT3 my anti virus deleated the RTC3 plus exe. in program files Atari/ Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. I had it installed on my Vista computer so I copyed it to cd and put it in my win7 computer. program files {x86}/Atari/RCT3. I had to temporarily disable my antivirus to put it there. Then when I click on the ICON little panda bear I have to say allow that program. This worked for Me and I hope it works for others.
I think an 8 month old Thread is classed as bumping, please don't bump. Smile
[Image: 528178_509529172430197_169075770_n.png]
My Website: ✏ RCTgoMatthew
Are you struggling with, RCTgo, RCT1,2,3, NoLimits, Thrillville or Thrillville: Off The Rails?
Just PM me about the things you want sorting out and I will be willing to help you.
(Jan 10, 2010, 10:32 AM)Libby Wrote: Anyone know how to get RCT3 to work with Windows 7?

Guys I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM BUT AFTER SOME TRICKS IT WORKED!Biggrin

NOW I HAVE BEEN PLAYING IT FOR around 3 days on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

PLEASE READ THIS REPLY this WILL MAKE YOU RUN ROLLER COASTER TYCOON 3, REGULAR , Platinum , Gold , AND ALL OF THEM.

STEP 1 - RIGHT CLICK RCT3 shortcut AND SELECT PROPERTIES

STEP 1 (alternative) - GO TO ROOT DIRECTORY OF RCT3 AND THEN RIGHT CLICK rctplus.exe{CLICK rct.exe if you have regular one} and follow instructions same as below. THIS IS WHEN IT SOMETIMES DOESNT WORK FROM SHORTCUT.

STEP 2 - Click on COMPATIBILITY TAB

STEP 3 - INSIDE OF COMPATIBILITY MODE , TICK "Run this program in Compatibility Mode for"
THEN SELECT "WINDOWS 95" from drop down menu

NOTE: SELECT WINDOWS 95 only as it is most stable in mine

STEP 4 - SELECT ALSO "Run this program as administrator"

STEP 5 - HIT APPLY AND OK

THIS WILL MAKE YOU RUN ROLLER COASTER TYCOON 3 ALL PACKS , WITHOUT ANY ERROR.Smile

NOTE : If this doesnt work email me or PM me.Angel
Add your RCT3 game to steam library and it should work.....
(Aug 24, 2013, 12:38 AM)urs166 Wrote:
(Jan 10, 2010, 10:32 AM)Libby Wrote: Anyone know how to get RCT3 to work with Windows 7?

Guys I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM BUT AFTER SOME TRICKS IT WORKED!Biggrin

NOW I HAVE BEEN PLAYING IT FOR around 3 days on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

PLEASE READ THIS REPLY this WILL MAKE YOU RUN ROLLER COASTER TYCOON 3, REGULAR , Platinum , Gold , AND ALL OF THEM.

STEP 1 - RIGHT CLICK RCT3 shortcut AND SELECT PROPERTIES

STEP 1 (alternative) - GO TO ROOT DIRECTORY OF RCT3 AND THEN RIGHT CLICK rctplus.exe{CLICK rct.exe if you have regular one} and follow instructions same as below. THIS IS WHEN IT SOMETIMES DOESNT WORK FROM SHORTCUT.

STEP 2 - Click on COMPATIBILITY TAB

STEP 3 - INSIDE OF COMPATIBILITY MODE , TICK "Run this program in Compatibility Mode for"
THEN SELECT "WINDOWS 95" from drop down menu

NOTE: SELECT WINDOWS 95 only as it is most stable in mine

STEP 4 - SELECT ALSO "Run this program as administrator"

STEP 5 - HIT APPLY AND OK

THIS WILL MAKE YOU RUN ROLLER COASTER TYCOON 3 ALL PACKS , WITHOUT ANY ERROR.Smile

NOTE : If this doesnt work email me or PM me.Angel

Thank you So much Bro...
Smile
I was desperate to play this game after 8 years of gap.. Today I installed this in my New machine running W7 and jst got stuck on with crash prompt!!
Thank god I found ur suggestion..
Thnak you again
Smile

When I first purchased a downloaded version of RCT3 Platinum, I had no problems using it on Windows 7. I downloaded it from Amazon and not Steam. I have been reading about a lot of people having issues with Steam downloads (FYI). When I downloaded my purchased copy of RCT3 Platinum from Amazon, I made a back up copy of it on my flash drive in case something happened to my computer. All I had to do was open up the downloaded file, and it should have an autorun, or setup file. Click on either one. It should install it for you. I currently have windows 8.1 and RCT3 Platinum is working fine. This may not work if you purchased it from Steam. If you did, I know they have a support section on their website here is the link
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_arti...-ifhz-2170. I hope that helps. Smile

Note: Checking compatibility doesn't always solve the problem, but it does help most of the time.