Vote for your favorite track! Round 168

(May 31, 2014, 12:30 PM)MixMaster1961 Wrote: First, let me say that "Toro Furioso" is a total rip-off of El Toro!
Similar layout, same cars, same supports style, and more!!!

It's not that it's bad but don't make it look too much like a real coaster if it's not.

Next time, don't enter something like that. Thx!

All right onto the other 3 rides:

Thunderbird by chimalion70005:
--------------------------------------
-Nice, I like it!
-Colors are unique too.
-Solid work, with a creative layout and foliage, this is amazing! Smile
-Little bad things:
The only bad thing: You should have added lights.

Superman (recreation) by richardye1:
--------------------------------------------
Wow, another day, another recreation in Build-It.

-I guess it's okay compared to the real thing.
-The layout and supports are really close to the one at Six Flags that's nice too!
-The colours are also nice.
-The station building should have more CS on it, rather than the Coloured Walls from the game.
-The scenery could also have some work, here's a photo of reminder:
[Image: skyview.jpg]
Overall the track and supports are the best parts of it. You need more scenery.
Some more CS would be nice too, for things like the station, and some of Old Spice's Trees.

A filler isn't a good idea for a win, you should have entered next round with something better.

Siege Knight by nathan8848:
----------------------------------
-The idea and theming is a good idea for little CS.
-A giga coaster is good, but I think that a B&M Hyper would have been better. Smile
-With some more CSO, you could make it better. :P

(To be completely honest, Spartan is better.)

I am voting.... THUNDERBIRD!!!
(Siege Knight is my second choice)

Regards,
MixMaster1961
yep i have a killer next round that ive been working on for monthss
5 AP classes, 4.18 unweighted gpa is keeping my sophomore year from letting me play games :'(
Thunderbird is beyond amazing! VOTE THUNDERBIRD! Smile
Thunderbrid gets my vote, nice job chim
Vote: thunderbird, the most realistic coaster, supermen is also realistic but less then Thunderbird
Siege knight: nice layout, with more custom supports it was my 2/3thr choice.
Toro furioso: first nl coaster in times. But coild have more supports.
1: thunderbird
2: supermen
3: siege knight
4: Toro furioso
center][Image: L7zldSd.png][/center]
Wow, like usual, there's 4 coasters with like really good scenery and custom supports, so
this is gonna be hard.
4. Siege Knight: A good coaster with alot of scenery, but no supports.
3. Toro Furioso: Sorry Terry, but this coaster is good though it needs more realistic woodie supports. It also needed better pics and scenery (Trees count as scenery on this)
2. Superman SFGAd: I REALLY LIKE THIS! It has nice supports, footers, and close-to-real layout. But I need a few more pics to judge a little more on this.
1. Thunderbird: I don't see too many B&M Inverts, so this is AWESOME! I mean, foliage, supports, Dolphin Show, a SEPRATE KIDDIE COASTER, and terraforming! This has SO MUCH AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!

tHUNDERBIRD FOR THE WIN!!!!! Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin
Projects: More to come. Cool

Vote: Silver Hill Mine Ride
Chim's come a long way recently, and thunderbolt isn't half bad. Could use a bit more touching up though, including accuracy of placement of supports, details in everything, and theming.
It's also good to see an NL coaster thrown in the mix.
Seige kinght was a bit unrealistic for my tastes,
I did however like the look of superman.
I find your in-ability to amuse me... depressing.
You guys really do have a weird thing about supports. I'll have to remember to build more terrain coasters. Rolleyes

This is the toughest crowd I've ever had to please. At least the track was decent.

Also, I would like to point out that my design had 5 more screenshots to go with it, but for some reason, they would not show up. However, I did link to a video in the description, so saying that there aren't enough pictures of the ride is a poor excuse not to vote for it. There are plenty of trees and scenery if you just look in the right place.

(May 31, 2014, 12:30 PM)MixMaster1961 Wrote: First, let me say that "Toro Furioso" is a total rip-off of El Toro!

It's not that it's bad but don't make it look too much like a real coaster if it's not.

Now that you mention it, I do see some resemblance between one drop and the curve on the one end, which was entirely unintentional, but other than that, the two designs look nothing alike.

[Image: d2b8e5b7-a475-419c-bd6b-d19648490446_zps7972ec0f.png]

[Image: 1367be76-1500-4630-addb-ebb125a90bd1_zps6e312739.png]

You also say they have similar cars, but again, somebody didn't do his research.

[Image: ElToro1sttrain.jpg]

[Image: 845c9836-a9bf-4963-9be8-15025a0da5c2_zps15e7c28a.png]

Note how one has 6-seater trains and one has 4-seater trains. The only similarity between the two is the orange on the restraints, and even then, there isn't much similarity in the design.

There could be some similarity between the supports, but wooden roller coaster supports don't differ much from one another, and Toro Furioso has nothing more than basic generated supports. El Toro also has some fairly minimalist supports, but that only means Intamin was just as lazy as I was when it came to building the supports.

And you said there were more similarities? I'm in the mood for a good laugh. Do enlighten me.

Telling a person not to enter a roller coaster because it looks like a real coaster is not only incredibly harsh and un-called for, but also silly, because realistic-looking coasters in Build It receive the most praise. Additionally, telling someone that it looks too much like a real coaster to the point where it's a "ripoff" when it looks nothing like the coaster lessens your credibility and makes it seem as though you know very little about roller coasters. That's the impression you've given me from your comment. I know that I'm not exactly an expert on the subject, as I had never even seen El Toro's track layout before I built Toro Furioso, but I can at least tell when two designs look nothing like each other, other than one or two trivial, coincidental details that one may base one's entire argument off of.

Please, in the future, don't pretend to be an expert just to insult other people's roller coaster designs. Nobody likes that.
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
I wholeheartedly agree with you Terry. MixMaxster1961, stop being a wanna-be Cheleste. It's annoying as heck.
I'll never let you sleep, I'll kill you in your dreams.
One, two, Freddy's coming for you. Three, four, better lock your door. Five, six, grab your crucifix. Seven, eight, gonna stay up late. Nine, ten, never sleep again.
(May 31, 2014, 07:28 PM)Terry Inferno Wrote: You guys really do have a weird thing about supports. I'll have to remember to build more terrain coasters. Rolleyes

This is the toughest crowd I've ever had to please. At least the track was decent.

Also, I would like to point out that my design had 5 more screenshots to go with it, but for some reason, they would not show up. However, I did link to a video in the description, so saying that there aren't enough pictures of the ride is a poor excuse not to vote for it. There are plenty of trees and scenery if you just look in the right place.

Now that you mention it, I do see some resemblance between one drop and the curve on the one end, which was entirely unintentional, but other than that, the two designs look nothing alike.

[Image: d2b8e5b7-a475-419c-bd6b-d19648490446_zps7972ec0f.png]

[Image: 1367be76-1500-4630-addb-ebb125a90bd1_zps6e312739.png]

You also say they have similar cars, but again, somebody didn't do his research.

[Image: ElToro1sttrain.jpg]

[Image: 845c9836-a9bf-4963-9be8-15025a0da5c2_zps15e7c28a.png]

Note how one has 6-seater trains and one has 4-seater trains. The only similarity between the two is the orange on the restraints, and even then, there isn't much similarity in the design.

There could be some similarity between the supports, but wooden roller coaster supports don't differ much from one another, and Toro Furioso has nothing more than basic generated supports. El Toro also has some fairly minimalist supports, but that only means Intamin was just as lazy as I was when it came to building the supports.

And you said there were more similarities? I'm in the mood for a good laugh. Do enlighten me.

Telling a person not to enter a roller coaster because it looks like a real coaster is not only incredibly harsh and un-called for, but also silly, because realistic-looking coasters in Build It receive the most praise. Additionally, telling someone that it looks too much like a real coaster to the point where it's a "ripoff" when it looks nothing like the coaster lessens your credibility and makes it seem as though you know very little about roller coasters. That's the impression you've given me from your comment. I know that I'm not exactly an expert on the subject, as I had never even seen El Toro's track layout before I built Toro Furioso, but I can at least tell when two designs look nothing like each other, other than one or two trivial, coincidental details that one may base one's entire argument off of.

Please, in the future, don't pretend to be an expert just to insult other people's roller coaster designs. Nobody likes that.

i agree 100% with this response Smile
5 AP classes, 4.18 unweighted gpa is keeping my sophomore year from letting me play games :'(
Okay, okay. What happened to the happiness of the round??? RCTgo is supposed to be positive, not mean!!! Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin
I need a new signature.