(Chima) WIP Thread: Twilight Dragon - B&M Floorless

(Jul 31, 2014, 02:44 AM)Silvarret Wrote: I'd like to defend Cheleste here. she's just giving constructive criticism, albeit in a ridiculously unfriendly way, if you say something needs to be improved, you should also say something positive, just to nice. I'be seen problems with this many times, but remember that it takes time to give constructive criticism like that, and with only "nice coaster" comments you'll never improve. Cheleste was harsh on China, but it's up to you to pick it up and experiment with it, and maybe you'll get better.

That aside, I agree with her, but also remember, LIM coasters are very hard to do in RCT3, so what you'be got there is not bad, but there are some points to improve on!

What parts need improving? Confused
I need a new signature.
I'd say the colour scheme isn't great, red and that shade of green don't usually go well together. Also, some minor things - footer plates usually have the same colour as the supports, so I would recommend giving the footers the same colour as the supports, and I think the first element is slightly undersupported, so I'd say add one or twoe extra supports there to make it look sturdier.

Otherwise though, looks good, and like I said, LIM's are hard to pull off but you're certainly getting there with this one! And to be honest, I actually kinda like the idea of a tilted loop after the first launch, but I guess that's just personal preference.
All we need is somebody to lean on.
Here's what I suggest... in a picture!

Original:

[Image: 7sZ3uGZ.png]

New:

[Image: TMHapPv.png]

I also don't agree with the color scheme, like Silvarret said, but I didn't change that because it's up to you.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
^What happened to the footer colors and supports?
I need a new signature.
Honestly you should never color the footers like that. Take a look:

[Image: bat3.jpg]

[Image: scream18.jpg]

[Image: doc514cbefabec7e0873254391.jpg]

[Image: x2s3s5.jpg]

[Image: beast_550x381.jpg]

[Image: footers.jpg]

Footers are made of concrete, and concrete is usually grey/white unless you dye it. Since practically no roller coasters have dyed footers, it's impractical and unrealistic to use them.
^Thanks, but I don't see how these help, because I'm making a Premier, not a B&M, Intamin, or whatever company made Son of Beast.
I need a new signature.
In that case, you're going to want to use CPCisco's B&M Footers, then color the tops and keep the edges grey, like this:

[Image: Carolus4.jpg]

http://www.shyguysworld.com/csdepot/inde...w;down=769
Chim, I think it's fine how it is. It's a great coaster, love it! Smile
Hi everyone! I build great RCT3 coasters, even though I have kind of lost interest in the game.

Vote: PUNICA
Strom is such a perfect example isn't it?

Though on a serious note. Chim, your coaster is not bad and looks pretty good, but just try to do what Silvarret recommended and it will look top notch. As Blu suggested Cpisco's B&M are a good set for your coaster in this case and they are good looking and user friendly to use.
[Image: cooltext119149321119276.png]
(Jul 31, 2014, 09:54 PM)Colts18to87td Wrote: your coaster is not bad and looks pretty good, but just try to do what Silvarret recommended and it will look top notch. As Blu suggested Cpisco's B&M are a good set for your coaster

I would use those footers, but this isn't B&M Tongue
I need a new signature.