RCT3 Excitementrating

A CTR's relative excitement rating is set by whomever programmed it, so they're often in the ultra-extreme range because the individual creators set them to astronomical levels. That London Blitz CTR, for example, is likely always going to give ratings in the 50s.

A possible downside to this is that the intensity may be set to lower levels, so a coaster that would normally be too intense to ride would instead appear normal based solely on the ratings (aside from being over-the-top exciting).

It would be interesting to see someone build an absolute death coaster with a CTR like the London Blitz to see how exciting and intense it would be compared to a vanilla-train death coaster of a similar magnitude.
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
In RCT3 getting excitement above 10 without scenery/events is difficult and frequently the game suddenly flips on you and the excitement drops to 2 while intensity goes to 12+. Don't go too high, don't go too fast, keep lateral g-forces low, and ride length below two minutes.

The wild mouse coasters are good for this, the difficulty with them is not having brakes so you use ride height to control momentum; ratings of 9/9/5 are fairly easy with max height of 30ft and ride length around a minute.

The Stratacoaster is also good, though very easy to send "over the top" (I've had excitement of less than 1 with intensity of 17). Keep the layout short, simple, and underground. A basic design I use is a turn about a train length out of the station, another short straight, an incline just enough so you can drop the train straight down while keeping the curve track above ground, below ground twist the track 270deg, loop back up, twist 270 again, level off above ground and return to the station. Start with a low launch speed, just enough to get the train back to the station (usually around 60-65mph), then slowly increase to get the stats you want. Ride times will typically be 30 seconds or less (in one park my ride time is 19 seconds with an excitement of 9.7, a simple structure around the station takes this to 10.5).
Not so long ago, I built a coaster with an excitement rating of 32,50! I was quite surprised myself. But this was a B & M Coaster, so a CTR. Normally, I tend to build coasters with a smaller rating ... between about six and nine. Mostly I build a train station in the entrance area. Not just for the rating, it just looks better.

Actually I would like to write more comments. Of course, there is "Google Translate", that's a help. But this machine does not translate everything correctly. And my own language skills are often not enough. Enough for a short, simple comment, but with a longer, detailed text I get problems. I am a member of another site, which has nothing to do with rollercoasters, where I already wrote 1700 comments. The most part, however, in German. In my native language, I am sure that the text is written exactly as I would like.
(Aug 15, 2019, 05:24 AM)Terry Inferno Wrote: ....

A possible downside to this is that the intensity may be set to lower levels, so a coaster that would normally be too intense to ride would instead appear normal based solely on the ratings (aside from being over-the-top exciting)....

An egregious example of this is the Towering Coaster in RCT3.  No matter how you build it - high, fast, underground, massive lateral g-forces, multiple inversions, over water, etc. - you get ratings of 4/4/4.  Scenery and events may get excitement to around 5.5 but that's it.  It's ridiculous to build this huge coaster at a park entrance because with its size, speed, and forces it is still just a kiddie ride.