It's help a newb day, get involved now!

Hi

I've just recently found RCT3 and have been blown away by some of the creations I've seen.
I am a complete noob so please excuse the couple of question I have, but some help would be appriciated.

Before I ask I would like to just say I have done some googleing and searching youtube and the threads here and on another couple of sites, to no avail, either I'm not asking the right question or not using the right words to search for, appologies in advance.

1) The whole invisible ride entrance/exit/paths thing.
I understand that all of the custom scenery is noclip, ie more or less peeps and coasters/rides do not interact with it. I also get the impression that on the whole the game paths/entrances/exits are ugly and I dont want to be using them, hence Ive installed invisible doodads. Ive had a mess around and to be honest it all seems a bit fiddly. The dam stuff is invisible and Its hard to know where I've laid stuff and is it at the right height/slope etc. I can kind of get around this by laying some visible sections, then fencing or marking it to see the outline, then delete it and replace with invisible stuff. Doesnt feel right tbh. Also the cs packs ive looked through so far dont seem to have much of anything stair wise. I tried a work around by raising the terrain and throwing down some conforming floors, but then I dont seem to be able to lower the terrain again.
I cant believe I'm approaching this correctly so can any seasoned pro's out there throw me a bone and tell me (or better yet show me a youtube) how they do it.

I've come across a few threads where people have said just to use the game stuff and try to cover it up as best as you can, but I'm hoping there is a better way.

2) best camera setup for building, Im using freelook and the wasd keys, is there a better way

3) is there a copy and paste workaround for custom scenery, ie for commonly used things is there a way to click on a previously used bit of CS and then begin placing or do I have to go trough the whole trying to find it again.

4) is there and undo or redo option?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks to anyone who can reply

Spine
(Sep 1, 2014, 05:12 PM)spine Wrote: 3) is there a copy and paste workaround for custom scenery, ie for commonly used things is there a way to click on a previously used bit of CS and then begin placing or do I have to go trough the whole trying to find it again.

4) is there and undo or redo option?

To 3)
Sorry, you must work the hard way, and search again for every cso/object you want to use along the way in this freaking small/tiny ingame window from RCT3.
But after some spended time, you know some often used objects and you speed up yourself in find/searching objects Smile

To 4)
Sorry again, but RCT3 hasn't any option like undo/redo!
Why? Well, because Atari was/is stupid and cant create solid games!

I would allways recommend to new members, to watch "Silvarret"s Tutorial-Videos on youtube.
He spend his time to create simply and easy to understand tutorials.
And i think a lot of people are thankfully for this. (me too, btw)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkSWAX1...yRHWn17W0w

Well, this invisible stuff can be tricky and isn't an easy part.
But first we must differents two options/ways of it:
1) invisible things to create only showcase creations (not peepable)
2) invisible parts with fully peepableness

The first way is alot easier infact of that the parthways wont be peepable, but the problem is the missing atmosphere later.
The second way is much harder and needs some time of practice. The option to use fences/borders and/or bushes to cover up your future invisible path/queue is an good start.
Same counts for the pre build original pathes and change it later against the invisible ones.

But it takes some time of practice to fiddeling around how it works or beeing right placed.

For invisible shops & stalls it works best, to build the scenary/counters first, safe it as an structure and than plac the invisible shop on the place you want it to be. For restrooms, build the room first and than place the invisible over it.

I hope that i answered some of your questions. If not, shame on me and ask again Smile

Lg Cheleste
My Feedback can hurt like a
[Image: attachment.php?aid=4698]
Thanks Cheleste

poop to 3 and 4 then

Ok, is there a pack that has recolourable stairs that has both a 2h and a 1h drop? Cant seem to see anything useful yet, althought Im sure I'll find it soon enough.
So Im guessing that you cant lower the terrain once you lay down a conformable floor either?

And Im going to want to make 2) peepable parks.
They will be a hinderance during the building phase, but when I eventually get to a finished state, I would probably want to open it up and give it some soul. I dont really want to build a ghost park.

:-)
spine
Some CSO-Sets with stairs:

- RRAceana's Pavement Essentials Expanded
includes (clay, concrete, stone, wood, other)

- shy-Water World Set
includes some wooden stairs

- moby_curved_walls_and_floors_v1
if i remember it right, some of the floors in it can be used as stairs as well
(brick, concrete, pattern, marble)

- "forgot the name of this set"
includes alot of different wooden stairs and floors, some recolorable, some not
great for log-flumes or adventure themed coasters

- WeberStairs
ups, i forgot Weber's nice stair collection, includes walls and posts fot the stairs, too
It has a good variety of stairs.

Well, showcase creations are normally used for coasters only, like in build-it.
But parks should be allways peepable to become this nice atmosphere and the best looking park looks allways half good without any peeps in it!

Lg Cheleste
My Feedback can hurt like a
[Image: attachment.php?aid=4698]
cool, I got it now
I have a fully working station 8h where people walk and wait in all the right places, was a lot easier when i found you could lay paths the same way you lay tracks and then just follow the arrows etc. Just have to remeber to stick to 4/8/16 hieghts so i dont get 1 high stairs.
Its all good :-)
spine