RCT3 Patches, Updates and Soaked issues.

Alright so, got RTC3 a while ago..and somehow i figured Soaked had particle emitters, though i could be wrong. so i ordered the Soaked expansion, got it yesterday. i tried installing it this morning, and got this error.

"Wrong disc, please insert Rollercoaster Tycoon 3"

very aggrivating, but i consider myself tech savvy...so i go online to try and find someone else who had this issue and resolved it. find out a patch can help. okay, works for me...so i try finding it and downloading it. all i get is an .exe file and i try running it...except it doesn't do anything. i try a few different sources, and it still doesn't change anything.

i finally give up, and uninstall everything after copying the custom scenery files i had downloaded and my park files. now i'm trying to ensure i can install Soaked without further issues, so i try running an update once i've installed RTC3 again...and new problem. It spends a while saying it's updating, then i get a message in the info box saying "Internet Failure". joy.

so i try seeing if i can manually update using the files...and i find them. i try it, and i get a message that it cannot find what it was updating.

so what can i do? most of the other sources i've tried using seem out of date, with the links they provide going to websites that are for sale. i am NOT going to try installing soaked again until i'm sure it's not going to give me that wrong disc message.
just get the version with both expansions. i know it means buying rct3 again but its pretty cheap
i'm almost tempted, considering between these two discs i could have bought the platinum by now...but i want to try to make this work first.