RCT3 Backing up files to restore later

Hello.

I am a huge fan of RCT games and have played everyone since they started. I own RCT3 with Wild & Soaked on PC disc, but thought I would buy on Steam as well for the fun of it when it was really cheap. Now I make lots of custom tracks, parks etc in the game which is precious to me and would never want to lose them.

I am in this situation now, where I thought I backed up everything as I reinstalled Windows, I lost it all, I went to restore and run the game and it gets to 60% finding resources and hangs with errors, now I understand and accept I can't get anything back even though I took a backup of RCT3 in "My Documents" and "SteamApps".

Sorry if this is confussing, but I would like to know the correct way to backup my content, I download content online and add it as well as make tracks etc so want to be able to backup and restore and make it work in future, any help would be great as how to do this.

I am starting fresh on RCT3 now so any steps to ensure I don't lose all content would be brilliant.

Thanks
(Feb 1, 2015, 01:20 PM)oChapperZo Wrote: Hello.

I am a huge fan of RCT games and have played everyone since they started. I own RCT3 with Wild & Soaked on PC disc, but thought I would buy on Steam as well for the fun of it when it was really cheap. Now I make lots of custom tracks, parks etc in the game which is precious to me and would never want to lose them.

I am in this situation now, where I thought I backed up everything as I reinstalled Windows, I lost it all, I went to restore and run the game and it gets to 60% finding resources and hangs with errors, now I understand and accept I can't get anything back even though I took a backup of RCT3 in "My Documents" and "SteamApps".

Sorry if this is confussing, but I would like to know the correct way to backup my content, I download content online and add it as well as make tracks etc so want to be able to backup and restore and make it work in future, any help would be great as how to do this.

I am starting fresh on RCT3 now so any steps to ensure I don't lose all content would be brilliant.

Thanks

I sent you a pm.