Gwazi's final ride is today.

I never visited Busch Gardens while I lived in Florida, so sadly I never got the chance to try riding this coaster. It's too bad, but from the sounds of it the ride had gotten too rough for it to be repaired. =(

http://www.tampabay.com/things-to-do/tra...ay/2215887

I wonder what they'll replace it with?
Since they are only closing one, I have a feeling the closing side will be a RMC I-Box Re-track project.
I need a new signature.
(Feb 1, 2015, 05:39 PM)chimalion70005 Wrote: Since they are only closing one, I have a feeling the closing side will be a RMC I-Box Re-track project.

A lot of wooden coasters are being given an RMC retrack. I wonder what's with that trend. Are RMCs good? I've never seen one, much less ride one.
Scenarios Thread | Downloads Page | Videos Page
WIP: Rotten Candy Scenario (Mid 2015), NoLimits Intamin coaster, NoLimits Mack launched coaster
Need help? Click here, type out your problem, and send me a message.
(Feb 1, 2015, 05:39 PM)chimalion70005 Wrote: Since they are only closing one, I have a feeling the closing side will be a RMC I-Box Re-track project.

No, they are closing both sides. They have had one closed for a few months now, and the final day for the other side was today. This was one of the first coasters I have ever been on (since I live like 45 min from the park) and when i rode it first ~8 years ago it was actually pretty good. It did not really get too rough until about 5-6 years ago. Hopefully they can replace it with something decent.

I wish an RMC could come to Busch Gardens, but unfortunately they are a bit dry on funds as of lately since they missed most of the summer crowds due to the delay of Falcons Fury opening. The parks are usually rather empty too, Montu's wait is usually never more than 10 minutes (most of the time only like 3 rows are filled and its a complete walk on). Kumba is a bit more crowded, but most all of the "crowds" are distributed to Cheetah Hunt, Sheikra, and the Stanley Falls Flume. The longest wait I have seen in the last 6 months-ish was only about 45 minutes for Cheetah Hunt.
I've been to the park you are talking about, but not for a long time. I don't remember going on that ride. The video clearly showed a rough ride, but a fun one. Is American Eagle still running at six flags in Gurnee, IL? Now that one should be closed down. Last time I went on in on one of the turns the car tipped to the side and went back on the track. Very rough and pieces of the wood from the coaster were coming off. I'll never forget and won't go back on if it is still there.
Yeah Gwazi is not in any sort of a dangerous condition, but due to budget cuts and rider complaints the ride is being taken down.
American Eagle is still running yes. I'm going there this summer and to Valleyfair in the late summer.
[Image: ulodap497c2.png]
SimpleFate Gaming YouTube Channel
rip in piece gwazi