Just Joined

Hello everybody! I recently found this site as I have been getting back into the RCT games after an, oh, 10 year hiatus. Aside from that, I've basically been playing them from just about the beginning. That's not to say I was ever particularly good at the game - I can manage quite well (these types of games tend to come easily to me) but I could never build a decent custom coaster to save my life (nor can I now). Most of my experience comes in the original RCT (which I think is still my favorite) but I'm finally looking to learn the ropes in RCT 3.

On a technical note, I'm running all three iterations (Windows versions) with all expansions in a Wineskin wrapper on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.9.5. Last year I was able to score digital copies of all 3 on GOG.com for about $30 in total - not bad. So far I've experienced a single crash in RCT 3 but otherwise I have to say they run beautifully.

Finally, if anybody here is also a member of Simtropolis, then you might recognize me as I am fairly active long-time member over there. City builders, particularly SimCity 4 are my first love and always will be, but that's not to say RCT doesn't hold a special place as well (it's basically the same type of game, after all). I'm also a longtime fan of the Civilization franchise (currently only running Civ IV).

-Sabretooth78
Welcome!
Honestly if you want to build a good custom coaster, just lay off the inversions and bank your fast turns, and all should be fine
I like city builders as well, and I highly recommend you play cities skylines (if you haven't already) its about 10x better that simcity
Nave
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]

Welcome! Smile
[Image: HnAiYLa.png]
(Jul 9, 2015, 10:52 PM)naveisawesome Wrote: Welcome!
Honestly if you want to build a good custom coaster, just lay off the inversions and bank your fast turns, and all should be fine
I like city builders as well, and I highly recommend you play cities skylines (if you haven't already) its about 10x better that simcity
Nave

I can usually get a good one after a while, but they always seem so distended and awkward. I intertwined two double loop shuttle loops the other day and that was easily the best I had ever done (and the guests loved it too; it almost instantly put me a year ahead of pace in the scenario).

I have C:S and while it is a great game with a ton of potential, it doesn't scratch the itch like SC4 still does. The custom content is more, of generally better quality and it isn't broken every time a new patch comes out. To me it's almost less of a game and more of a hobby like a digital model railroad. It also runs a lot better both in terms of performance and I find it actually crashes less often. I never got into SC 2013; that was DOA as far as I'm concerned and from what I've heard, yes C:S slaughters it.
Hello Sabretooth78!
Add me on any of these sites!

Steam:
XGN | Maverick360
Discord: Maverick360 #6799
Gmail: [email protected]
Youtube: Maverick360