Forums update - Wednesday, September 2

Hi all,

Tomorrow, Wednesday, September 2, the forum software will be updated to the latest release. Visually, there will be very few changes; however, there will be a handful of small new features and changes with this update.

The update will be performed no earlier than 4pm Eastern US time. The forums will be unavailable while the upgrade is performed. It is also possible a few other sections of the website, such as commenting on downloads or uploading files, will be unavailable during this time. I will do everything I can to minimize the downtime and impacts.

Thanks for your understanding!

Justin
What kind of changes will happen?
I need a new signature.
Most of the changes are behind the scenes or related to spam prevention and management. The most significant change that you will likely notice is a new post editor (a WYSIWYG, or What You See Is What You Get, editor).
I haven't seen many spammers in a while. There was a time earlier in the year, that there was a ton.
User Thread: https://forums.rctgo.com/thread-23653-po...#pid133975
This is interesting...
Add me on any of these sites!

Steam:
XGN | Maverick360
Discord: Maverick360 #6799
Gmail: [email protected]
Youtube: Maverick360
The forum update is complete!
Everytime I attempt to access the forums and/or a thread, a pop-up appears that asks me for authentication and to enter my username and password for a "forums test site". I am already logged in and it is easily bypassed by x-ing it out?
[Comment Removed]
(Sep 2, 2015, 08:39 PM)Rudy18 Wrote: Everytime I attempt to access the forums and/or a thread, a pop-up appears that asks me for authentication and to enter my username and password for a "forums test site". I am already logged in and it is easily bypassed by x-ing it out?

same, happens on my cheap apple phone too
(Sep 2, 2015, 08:39 PM)Rudy18 Wrote: Everytime I attempt to access the forums and/or a thread, a pop-up appears that asks me for authentication and to enter my username and password for a "forums test site". I am already logged in and it is easily bypassed by x-ing it out?

I 3rd this.
User Thread: https://forums.rctgo.com/thread-23653-po...#pid133975