Coaster Reviews

Maverick, I can one up you. The first year I was able to go on Griffon (the dive coaster in Busch Gardens Williamsburg), I rode it twice, and then rode it an additional 32 times in. A. Row. Afterwards. Even to the point where the operators knew that I had an affair with this coaster...xD

Also, Fury is sooooo overated. Great, but overated. Nighthawk/Intimidator for the win! 😉
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
Wow, that is really amazing! Never been on Griffon, but I've been on Shiekra and Valravn.

I do agree with you that Fury is overrated, but not as much as Millennium Force. (obviously)
Add me on any of these sites!

Steam:
XGN | Maverick360
Discord: Maverick360 #6799
Gmail: [email protected]
Youtube: Maverick360
Next Up on our list of Reviews: Fury 325

Post your thoughts on this AMAZING coaster here...
4 Build it Wins!!! Thanks to everyone who voted for me!!!
Current Project: Learn how to use Parkitect
Having been on this in the last month, I'll give my prognosis on this.

Fury 325: One of the expected let downs was the wait time. Even with a low attendance, there was still a 30min wait time unlike every other ride (expect Nighthawk). Once we were on, one of the best parts was the drop....and that was it. It's fast, it twists and turns quickly, but unlike other hyper-coasters, in this case, Intimidator, it failed to give me that 'flying out of your seat' feeling which is one of the reasons i ride a giga/hyper.

Overall, the ride is quite good and I do like it a lot, but there are better rides at Carowinds you can ride.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
So as you may already know, I am a member of ACE(American Coaster Enthusiast).  ACE hold an event at Carowinds every August so my dad and I decided to attend this year, mainly for Fury.  We rode it once that morning and I wasn't impressed so we went and did other things.  That night, we got last ride in the back row on Intimidator and then headed for ERT on Fury.  I rode Fury 14 times in one hour without leaving my seat.  I rode in the front row that night and the feeling was absolutely amazing.  The hive dive and Drop were incredible and the 3 airtime hills on the return trip blew me away.  Fury 325 claims my top spot among all of my Coasters.  I can understand calling it over hype if you didn't ride in the front row, but other than that... Those are my thoughts on Fury 325
Fury 325, and most hyper/giga coasters are overrated in my opinion, mostly because all they do is go fast and provide air-time. I personally prefer inversions and heavy theming, (since those make it more worth the wait) and since these rides almost always have staggeringly long lines I can't really justify riding them unless you can virtually walk-on them.

Going back to your Hershey post, I agree LR is fantastic. Comet was the first coaster I ever rode (ya know, back in the stone age), and the Roller-Soaker was great too (RIP). I was never tall enough to ride the Great Bear when my family lived in PA unfortunately, so I can't rate that, but Skyrush looks pretty overrated to me... Fahrenheit on the other hand is what has me chomping at the bit to make a trip down there again (and the Wildcat, that's a great woodie too).
Team CoasterTech

Skyrush might seem overrated but it is the most intense airtime I have ever felt. Fahrenheit was jerky and not that smooth. Skyrush makes it worth the trip for me.