Batt's Coaster Thread

I start this thread to post my new coasters and all the updates about them.

I think this will keep the forum very neat
Official Batt's Coaster Thread

Official Batt's Park Thread
#1 - Aqua Smasher [WIP v 1.0]

This is the B&M Sitting Coaster I'm working on right now, and it will be my first Build It! entrance.

It's a simple coaster that "hits" the water and has both marine and Sci-Fi theming.

After a month I've finished the track, the addons, the lights and all the custom supports,

Now I'm working on the station and the water/laser show.

Then I'll go on with scenery and terraforming.

Here few screenshots of the WIP of a few days ago:

This is looking very good but I do see a couple things that are worth critiquing now

- First the train type you've selected isn't meant to go upside-down, not to say it can't because I don't really know, but that type might not realistically have the restraints to make that possible.

- Secondly (although they are VERY nice supports) these supports aren't B&M supports, which the track is. These look more like Arrow supports to me... not saying they are bad because they aren't, very good support work m8.

- Lastly try to only half corkscrews as turn around point if the coaster goes through them at a medium speed, if it whips through them it could kill someone lol (just a note for the future, no idea how fast it goes through that one).

Nice work so far though, this may be one of the best first-time-entries we've seen thus far Smile
Team CoasterTech

Thanks for the feedbacks I'll answer you well tomorrow Smile

Quote:ChrisMDB

This is looking very good but I do see a couple things that are worth critiquing now

- First the train type you've selected isn't meant to go upside-down, not to say it can't because I don't really know, but that type might not realistically have the restraints to make that possible.

- Secondly (although they are VERY nice supports) these supports aren't B&M supports, which the track is. These look more like Arrow supports to me... not saying they are bad because they aren't, very good support work m8.

- Lastly try to only half corkscrews as turn around point if the coaster goes through them at a medium speed, if it whips through them it could kill someone lol (just a note for the future, no idea how fast it goes through that one).

Nice work so far though, this may be one of the best first-time-entries we've seen thus far Smile

#1 - Thanks, I did not know this thing. which train do you recommend?

#2 - For this coaster I was inspired by the "Magic Mountain", the first and oldest roller coaster in the Gardaland park, the largest in Italy. It's quite similar, with a classic gentle lift-hill, the characteristic B&M Pre-drop, the large curve, the drop, double loops, corkscrew and helix.
As you can see from the photo I provide below for the first part of the track, the lift-hill one, the Pre-drop and the curve, the supports have a trussed structure similar to mine. Also because, talking about a 50 meters height first climb (I know, I think in meters haha), I do not think the classic "inverted V-shaped" supports can bear the lateral forces acting. (I'm talking about the supports with this shape: ^ ).
For the remaining part of the track I used the classic "inverted V-shaped" supports.

As custom supports CS I used Moby's Steel Jungle v1

#1 - Also for the train I was inspired by this coaster. In fact, the train I used seems very similar to the one you can see in the pictures, but it seems I was wrong.

Thanks a lot for the feedbacks!  Smile

If you're basing your coaster off of a real coaster, you cant make your coaster a B&M if you use the same support structure, it just doesn't make sense. Its a Vekoma coaster, so it would make sense to use either the in game corkscrew coaster track or a CT of some sort.
As Rudy said the Vanilla Corkscrew Coaster would likely be your best option unless there is a CTR as that isn't a B&M coaster. The train type you picked is something you'd see on Goliath at Six Flags Magic Mountain or Titan at Six Flags Over Texas.

As for supports Moby's Steel Jungle works, you just used B&M connectors for them. I'd look for a Vekoma supports pack and breaks pack.

Always happy to help Smile
Team CoasterTech

#2 - Batt's Spacerunner [WIP v 1.0]

This is my version of the famous Intamin-built Storm Runner, located at Hersheypark, Pennsylvania.

The track layout is completely different since that the first hill it's about 10 meters higher.

The theme of the attraction is the space and space missions.

I worked hard on the tracks events and the animatronics but obviously this is still a WIP, maybe I'll be able to enter one of the next Build it! round if I finish.

Now it's time for the supports, the station, the vegetation and so on...

By the way, any of you know where I can find a set of custom supports, connectors and accessories for this tipe of coaster?

Thanks Wink

Here some screenshots of the WIP:

Looks good, and yes there are Intamin connectors and footers out there I'm just not sure what the sets are named.
Team CoasterTech

#1 - Aqua Smasher [WIP v 1.2]

I went ahead in the construction of the interior of the station and the waterfalls.

Here some screenshots: