Which gaming laptop to get?

Sounds good, Amy! Let us/me know how it works out!
We're all in this Story together...play your part well! Visit me here: 
https://www.youtube.com/user/Lynwoodco/featured
(May 8, 2016, 03:56 PM)LynwoodCoaster Wrote: Sounds good, Amy! Let us/me know how it works out!

Thanks...
and I will.  Smile
This computer will have a much better graphics card then the one currently on my computer. So I am hoping I won't run into so many issues.
Yeah, I had to get a new computer a while back to run NL2.
Add me on any of these sites!

Steam:
XGN | Maverick360
Discord: Maverick360 #6799
Gmail: [email protected]
Youtube: Maverick360
I read the title of this post and I have to say this: I want that information too. I currently can't play RCT3 because playing the game for the past several years has caused a cooling fan in my computer to malfunction Frown

I have ideas for parks. I still want to learn and experiment with how to make realistic parks. Maybe even team up with RCT3 players on here to build fantasy versions of real life parks together. Even if I get RCT World I still don't want to give up on the game because it drives my computer bonkers Frown
(May 13, 2016, 08:58 PM)evilthecat6600 Wrote: I read the title of this post and I have to say this: I want that information too.  I currently can't play RCT3 because playing the game for the past several years has caused a cooling fan in my computer to malfunction Frown

I have ideas for parks.  I still want to learn and experiment with how to make realistic parks.  Maybe even team up with RCT3 players on here to build fantasy versions of real life parks together.  Even if I get RCT World I still don't want to give up on the game because it drives my computer bonkers Frown

I hope the information helped. These games can take a lot out on your computer and heat it up pretty fast. I keep a small fan close by. But I hope with the new system it will stay cooler.
I got my new computer today. So far I can play Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, Cities Skylines and Planet Coaster. The graphics are amazing! So much better then my old graphics card. I can't really say anything about performance yet because I've been setting things up. One thing to note, this computer does not have a cd rom in it. I think eventually they won't be around anymore. I download my stuff and save things to my flash drives anyway. Like anything new it just takes a little time to get use to.

I finally have my computer set up and I'm starting to get the hang of it. The performance on this system is outstanding. Planet Coaster is running much better, RCT3 and Cities Skylines. I've been having trouble installing Google Chrome on this system. But for now the version of internet explorer is working fine for me.  Like I said before, the graphics are unbelievable and the overall speed for these games are so much better then my old system.
Smile
I'm hoping it helps too. I won't be getting a new computer anytime soon as I'm in the process of moving right now, but I'm hoping to at least get a fix for my fans and some way to prevent the overheat and still play RCT3 (I removed the icon from my desktop in favor of the PC version of Jet Set Radio I got during a Humble Bundle sale) til I can get everything sorted out financially and put the new laptop money aside.
(May 18, 2016, 05:36 PM)evilthecat6600 Wrote: I'm hoping it helps too.  I won't be getting a new computer anytime soon as I'm in the process of moving right now, but I'm hoping to at least get a fix for my fans and some way to prevent the overheat and still play RCT3 (I removed the icon from my desktop in favor of the PC version of Jet Set Radio I got during a Humble Bundle sale) til I can get everything sorted out financially and put the new laptop money aside.

The over heating of my processor with the games I was playing was another reason I needed to replace my old computer. I look for sales all the time and I found a good price. But usually around the holidays you can get even better deals especially around black Friday around Christmas time. I had to stretch my own budget a lot, but it was worth it. Take your time and do research to make sure you get the computer you want. I also keep my laptop on a raised surface that has many holes in it so the air can circulate better. I found if I don't have the laptop sitting directly on my desk it helps.
I usually have my laptop on my lap, a coffee table or the dining room table. What sort of makeshift raised surfaces would you recommend I use?
(May 19, 2016, 02:41 PM)evilthecat6600 Wrote: I usually have my laptop on my lap, a coffee table or the dining room table.  What sort of makeshift raised surfaces would you recommend I use?

There are a lot out there and you have to be careful because some of them are really cheap. If you are using your computer on your lap a lot I'm not sure the best one out there. I would do research and read the reviews. Your laptop is probably very different from mine. I can give you a couple of links that have pictures that will get you started...also you may want to ask around too about what other people have used. Here is a general link for a search on laptop cooling pad
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=ch...ooling+pad

Also I've watched videos on youtube that give tips and tricks on how to keep your laptop cool while gaming, etc.
Here is a general link to get you started:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...ile+gaming

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Gc4PHFBQg

I hope that helps.