Which gaming laptop to get?

I want to upgrade to a gaming laptop should I get NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980M with 8GB GDDR5 or AMD FX-4300 3.8GH ?
I've been doing some research and some of the newer games are not running so well on my current laptop. They are running, but my graphics card isn't that great. I can't upgrade my current laptop. I want to run Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, Cities: Skylines and Planet Coaster on the laptop. My laptop now gets very hot when playing these games. I've been looking into Alienware laptops but they are really expensive. I've looked into desktops and building my own but there is so much information out there its confusing. Thanks for the help.  Smile
I'd upgrade to a desktop as they have substantially better capabilities and last longer.
Team CoasterTech

I've been going back and forth on that one. Getting another laptop or a desktop. I might just wait until the holidays come around when the prices are often reduced and see what's available then.
I got a gaming laptop in 2012, personally I wish I had just gotten a desktop instead. If you're in school just get a mid level laptop for that, but it would be best to keep all of your gaming to a desktop.
I'm not in school anymore, this is just for me and my hobbies. Smile
Seems like the majority of people I've been asking around suggest a desktop for a gaming computer. I haven't had a desktop computer in a long time. But I have been looking at them and they've changed a lot. Thanks for the help.
I personally would shy away from buying a desktop, if you really want a personalized, good gaming computer, I'd take some time and research parts to buy to put your own PC tower together.
Team CoasterTech

I understand what you are saying. I always shop around, research and ask questions. Look at reviews. There are so many different options out there and so many different games require different specs on a computer system.
I have a MacBook Pro that can run the Sims 3 with a lot of custom content, Cities: Skylines again with content and Star Wars: Empire at War just fine.
User Thread: https://forums.rctgo.com/thread-23653-po...#pid133975
(May 7, 2016, 12:45 AM)aecrouch7413 Wrote: I understand what you are saying. I always shop around, research and ask questions. Look at reviews. There are so many different options out there and so many different games require different specs on a computer system.

I put my desktop together just to play RCT3. At present it has an i5 3570K (4.4GHz) and a Radeon HD 7970 w/16GB ram and 3 SSD's. They were top of the heap gaming components at the time. It still will not play RCT3 with 4000 peeps in a water park at night. The game engine for the game is just too...inefficient, for lack of a better word. It was never optimized for what we try to do with it these days. I don't know about Planet Coaster or the rest of the games you mentioned. My Ex. Index is 7.7 which is not bad considering it maxes at 7.9. I will say this about building my own computer, it was/is a much less difficult thing to do than I imagined. Amazon and Newegg carry anything you might want and with a few how-to videos you too can have whatever you want. Don't forget...you can't take the desktop with you.☺ You'll need a dedicated space to work.
PS: Tomshardware used to be a wonderful source for information - they have forums for everything you can think of.
We're all in this Story together...play your part well! Visit me here: 
https://www.youtube.com/user/Lynwoodco/featured
Thanks guys I appreciate all of the help. But I did decide to make a purchase on a computer today. Laptops are so much easier for me because I can take it with me if I go somewhere.
This is what I got: Inspiron 15 7000 Series Non-Touch 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz)]
8GB, 1600MHz, DDR3L; up to 16GB 1TB 5.4k Hybrid HDD + 8G Cache [1TB 5400 rpm Hybrid Hard Drive + 8GB Embedded Flash Cache] NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5 It was on sale and I got an additional discount. I won't mention the name of the company I got it from. If someone wants to know send me a pm and I will tell you. 
Based on the specs I should be able to run Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, Planet Coaster and Cities Skylines better.
It's on Windows 10 so it should be interesting. None of the new computers have windows 8.1 anymore. I might do a couple of videos to show people what windows 10 is like and if I have success running the games on them. I don't think it will be an issue.