Kraftvoll - Round 236 Winner

1 in 4 isn't too bad a record, especially considering you won with your very first entry. 6 out of 37 of mine have been winners, which is about 1 in 6. Just because 31 of them lost doesn't mean that they didn't have the potential to win (about half of them did), it only means that the majority of voters preferred other coasters those rounds. It isn't easy to see something you've put work into lose a round and fall into oblivion, but sometimes there isn't much that can be done about it. It's up to the other players to make sure these designs don't become obscure.
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
I agree with what Terry is saying. Not every coaster ya put in is going to win. There are rounds you just won't win even if the coaster is good, or rounds where you have potential, but was edged out at the end, and then round where you SHOULD win.

Now, my first entries to the build it competition sucked. And I some how managed to win with Povoat. (My 3 or 4th entry)
And I haven't won anything for 4 months until Caution II. I've entered some that I was on the brink of winning, but was hit with the tie breaker's vote. If I had to say, there probably could have been 3-4 more to my wins. Aka, Caution I, Pirate's Cove, possibly Green-Backed Lizard, and one other of which I forget. Currently, I have entered 13 times, and only have won 2.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
As they said, it takes a lot of luck to get a win. My first few entries admittedly weren't great, but they edged out the competition (which admittedly wasn't too strong either). While I do hold 5 wins in 8 entries, I do attribute at least three of them to luck. Parthax and Manta are the only two that I think really deserved the win (although Parthax only won due to a tie breaker that it initially wasn't even tied for). Blaze could have had another win there with Caution 1 had the tie breaker not ensued, and Nave could have had his first win with The Space Race had Ryu not won. Basically just keep at it, keep producing quality coasters, and the wins will come.

By the way I am back on the scene with my projects officially, you may start seeing a few soon.
Team CoasterTech

Now that I look back, you slightly edged me out with your RCt1 entries Chris. All I wish now is that Caution I had won so it'd seem like I, II, III, ect... were all winners. To, keep the streak going? I guess... Lol
There've been several close round, and more to come soon. Hopefully, I'll get another win within 4 months, but I don't know. Lol
dont tell me were going through another phase where everyone on the site is obessed with build it. its just a game - dont get worked up about it
It's probably because some of us post on the Build It! competition to get tips and pointers and other stuff to help them for the future, and make them better at building. Plus, a lot of us like it so much because it's FUN and we like competition. But, that doesn't excuse why we can't get the least bit worked up. Some of us try very hard to win, and when you lose to something that clearly isn't the winner, you're going to get worked up.
Too much? Probably, but it's a known that we're going to get worked up at some point. It's primarily for fun, Drew, and I'd expect that this "phase" will go on not too much longer. But, I think it'll come back sooner than you think.
^ its not as bad as it used to be. there were some people (no namedrops) who always talked about build it and always asking whos entering and if anyone needed help with doing build it stuff. it was ridiculous... it went on for a few months i think, but this is back when colts and silv were pretty active and entered a lot and people were always mad when they won
I'm kind of in between on this one, to me build it is important, its nice to compete, and compare your creations against others, but it has gotten where people enter everything they make into it, and it does get irritating, so I see both your points
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]

Well round 236 is taking a long time to open. I wonder what's up.