Vote for your favorite track! Round 251

It looks as if the majority of the initial rant may have been directed at Entry #4. Entry #1 got a "good" while the other three simply received a "meh", which is a generous acknowledgement of the gap in quality between the two RCT2 entries. One of them utilizes advanced track building techniques that are unknown to most RCT2 players. The other features a 50-foot drop leading directly into the station. "Good" vs. "Meh" isn't an accurate illustration of the contrast between the two, although it's interesting that Entry 4 received the same rating as Entry 2.

However, it should be noted that Entry #4's quality would not improve as a RCT3 entry. While there are some RCT2 builders here who have little understanding of basic roller coaster physics or fundamental scenery techniques, there are an equal amount of RCT3 players, if not more, who possess the same level of understanding in those fields. The only difference is, a mediocre RCT3 entry will receive considerably more votes than a RCT2 entry of equal quality simply because there are people who primarily vote for 3D entries. Many RCT2 players are aware of this disadvantage, which is why our entries have gone up in quality considerably in the past year alone. When we lose, we build something better. It isn't any different from how a skilled RCT3 player approaches the competition.

There are two entries this round with winning potential, and quality-wise, their potential is about equal. Game-wise, the RCT3 entry has an advantage for the reason stated above. However, the two should be treated as equal entries, and should be voted on based on which roller coaster you believe is better, not on which game you believe is better. Otherwise, you miss the entire point of the Build It! competition.
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
these walls of text are big enough to build The Great Wall Of Trump
(Nov 22, 2016, 08:50 PM)Drew_ Wrote: these walls of text are big enough to build The Great Wall Of Trump

We need a few more, can't risk anyone climbing over.

@Blaze - That may have been a bit over the top... (totally understandable though).

@Amy - Thank you, you (and others I certainly hope) realize that our posts aren't malicious like the one that seems to have half the site up in arms. Also well said.

@Terry - Very well put.
Team CoasterTech

I write those lengthy posts because I feel it would help better that person into making better entries. Being so, I have to call out several names that apply to the "great RCT2 creators" clique. Naveisawesome, SupraTheHedgehog, ChrisMDB, and quite a few more deserve something good. I didn't say myself because I aint nothing pretty lol.

@Amy, thanks for backing me up. Like I said, I don't try and be harsh, I only try to be critical enough to the point where the user gets what I mean and tries to make better creations. (Sometimes it is harsh, but I cannot help that much). I've used this strategy to get waaaaay better at the game and to post great entries like Alterran.

@Chris, Chris aint one to be harsh. Same as me, he simply wants to help. I too hope players here don't read us wrong.

@Terry, very very well put. Better than I could've. Another great player at RCT2 and lenghty critiques that hit you right where you need it to get better at making creations.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
Guys here's the thing, there's been many a debate in the past about which of the 3 RCTs is the best, and quite honestly, all 3 are great, and they all take talent to play, so really don't base your judgments on the game they're made in
That being said, custom scenery is very difficult to work with, so a great coaster in RCT2 might be considered inferior to a great coaster in RCT3, as simply people can appreciate that the RCT3 coaster would've taken longer to build with more effort
However that does not mean by any standards that all RCT1 and 2 entries are inferior to RCT3, by some standards they have less materials and track pieces to work with and hence could be extra credit for that
In summary the games are even, just because someone plays 1 game does not mean they should vote against the others

Also I want to point out to dear Slurpee that he seems to be living in the past, Terry, Rudy and Niesch were definitely the top 3 RCT2 players when i joined, years ago, but since then things have changed, I'd like believe I've gotten better myself, along with members such as Blaze, Chris, Supra, Batt and many others who's names I can't think of at the moment that are wonderful RCT2 creators
Also sidenote, Terry and Niesch are still here and creating great stuff, but we havent heard from Rudy in ages

And finally telling these "mediocre" players to f off is just plain rude and unnecessary, this is a site for sharing our creations, giving constructive criticism and building off each other to become better players, by no means does that comment help at all, and seemed like an emotional reaction for something that was not supposed to be emotional
If that reaction was a result of something else in your life not going well, sorry for your loss but don't take it out on us, whatever it was it wasnt our fault

Cheers and happy building y'all
Nave
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]

Very well put! I think some harsh consquences may come about this. We don't need any more drama. This is why after this post and maybe one more, not bring it up again.

It's happened, and may happen again. What can we do about it? Thanks for the kind words!
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
Blaze, Alterran is my FAVORITE coaster you have ever done. It should have one. Best of luck and happy RCTing
4 Build it Wins!!! Thanks to everyone who voted for me!!!
Current Project: Learn how to use Parkitect