Vote for your favorite track! Round 258

She wasn't focusing this towards you, Brandon I feel. She is focusing this on most of us, including you and I. While I do and have fallen into this category, I still have to agree with her though. The anonmity of the rounds are kind of ruined when you've been here long enough to recognise styles. Plus, little tidbits of "This may or may not be mine" completely and utterly ruins the secrecy of your entry. Some, even if their coaster is the best, won't be voted for because you just revealed your coaster, or because they simply don't like you. I've realised this, and began not entering every round. That way, it gives the competetion the chance to have more entries from other, newer players, or older players, and not the same enterers. However, with that said, I feel having anonymity (as long as those who enter follow it) is good. Why? Simply because if you entered more than once, even if you were not the best entry, you'd win because the voters like you and your entry the most. A note to take to the next round: if you have entered, do not reveal yourself, because as Aecrouch stated "people will vote for who they want to." Chances are, if you reveal yourself, you're hurting the rest of the competition of their chance to win.

Enough of this ^

All the entries are good. I feel it will be a close round.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
its not like i came out and purposefully said that mine was phoenix, mine was an accident
"Pick up the pieces. There is a better way. Pull yourself together. Try to make a change. This world's so twisted. You can still make a change. Protect and care for all around. Stop the spread of hate. You feel like the broken one over and over again. You taste blood you're through you're done. Only you can make it end."-Trivium: Broken One
[Image: blaconpr4.jpg]
At first, your mistake was very hard to spot, but when you apologized for your mistake (which was your real mistake) , it made it obvious to all of the non-Rct2-ers.

I think we can agree that there have been mistakes made in the voting stage of this round. I say we just leave them behind and move on with the round. There are some good entries, and we cannot let somewhat spoiled anonymity Frown ruin the round.
(Feb 19, 2017, 02:59 AM)brandonmarks94 Wrote: excuse me aecrouch? does my area look rushed to you? that took me about 2 weeks to do, trust me when i say it was not rushed. i didnt finish it because the map that it was on got reset before i finished, so i just kept it the way it was when it was reset
why are you triggered???

also, here we go again.
it looks like everyone is taking this competition a bit too seriously, relax kids. its just a game, for fun. dont get butthurt if you lose or if someone comments constructive criticism on your ride.....
[Image: triggered.jpg]
"Pick up the pieces. There is a better way. Pull yourself together. Try to make a change. This world's so twisted. You can still make a change. Protect and care for all around. Stop the spread of hate. You feel like the broken one over and over again. You taste blood you're through you're done. Only you can make it end."-Trivium: Broken One
I understand why people may have misunderstood the purpose of having no username shown. I remember that I proposed that, and it seems not to be working. If the usernames are once again shown, that would be ok but if we understand that more, then I'd prefer leaving the entries anonymous

-- Josh
I need a new signature.
So none of the descriptions outright broke the anonymity, rather it was the posts in this thread... The anonymity of the competition is rather important as it keeps people from voting for their favorite creator rather than the best entry (although yes, people that have been around for a while will be able to spot out styles), but we already knew that. So long as you don't purposefully break the anonymity (I've broken it without thinking in the past as well) it's fine, but if you're advertising which is yours that's an issue.

For the sake of preserving anonymity in the future I think any mods that are online should censor or even just delete posts that give away info on the builder (such as when Brandon apologized) to mitigate the effects of the anonymity breach.

Lastly, I know it takes a bit for rounds to start sometimes, but it would be nice if EVERY entry was finished, polished, etc. Not calling out anyone specifically but I think it's obvious which entry glaringly lacks something. Brandon we know how long these things take, no one was calling you out for 'slacking'.

So that's the end of my 'rant', I've only voted in this round because Phoenix deserves the win hands-down. Phoenix is the only complete entry we've received this time around, hopefully next round does a better job with that.
Team CoasterTech

This was a really mediocre round I must admit, everyone's already said what's needed to be said, I voted for Phoenix, case closed

And as for the anonymity, really we all knew if you wanted to find the creator of a project it wasn't that hard, how they wrote, their style, how they responded in these threads, what park it's in, and I think the biggest give away for me, has always been the channel name that goes with the POV
So really people shouldn't freak out if someone accidentally reveals which coaster is theirs, and I hope that we're mature enough as a community to vote for the best entry, regardless of who made it, even if you do know the creators
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]

nave do you think mine was mediocre? i honestly did put a lot of effort into it, unlike some of my entries in the past, the only ones im proud of are this one and mirrors edge, those were the only ones that i actually took time and put honest effort in, i made it to be a complete area for a realism server, and honestly wasnt thinking about it as a build it entry untill many weeks after it was done

im not mad, but if you DO think its mediocre tell me what i can do to improve it
Since I accidently spoiled which one is mine, I might as well tell you this.

I only wanted to enter Illinois Cyclone to feel the nostalgia of entering. I've got a better NL2 creation in the works. Probably won't enter it next round, but in a few rounds. It's a bigger one.
I need a new signature.