New RCT3 Wild thrill Rides are a site for sore eyes

I am absolutely thrilled to see some of the more traditional 'Thrill Rides' being included in these expansion packs. I enjoy doing small carnival/county fair layouts as well as larger parks. I was getting concerned that the more taditional rides ie, Tilt A Whirl, Thunder Bolt/Bobs, Super Loops were being left out and that only newer high tech rides were being added. Seeing the Tilt, Thunderbolt/Bobs, Super Loop, and Loop O Plane in the screen shots really floored me. I have been waiting a long time for those.
I hope to see a more conventional (if you can call them that) Gondola Wheel. This one in the screen shots seems to be over-done in size. Smaller Parks or even carnivals would not have one quite that big w/stand up carts. I would also like to see a more conventional carousel; one where the entire unit rotates with horses abreast of each other (as in RCT2). I am also hopeful that they will add a Chance Skydiver type ride. These are not found in many parks, but like the Tilt A Whirl and Zipper, they are a staple for many midways.
But thanks goes to Frontier again for bringing out the Tilt, Thunderbolt/Bobs. These two are truely staples of most theme parks as well as carnival midways. No layout would be complete without one or both of these. Biggrin
Hi, welcome to RCT3X!

Its good to hear some nice comments about WILD! It seems like you have some good ideas that could be added to the game. I am glad you like what you have seen so far Biggrin
personaly i loved ur ideas. maybe u should swing on by to the atari forums and post them there!
[Image: mysig.jpg]
Fansites Directory | Add your site
(Aug 22, 2005, 09:48 AM)Mark Hyde Wrote: I am absolutely thrilled to see some of the more traditional 'Thrill Rides' being included in these expansion packs.  I enjoy doing small carnival/county fair layouts as well as larger parks.  I was getting concerned that the more taditional rides ie, Tilt A Whirl, Thunder Bolt/Bobs, Super Loops were being left out and that only newer high tech rides were being added.  Seeing the Tilt, Thunderbolt/Bobs, Super Loop, and Loop O Plane in the screen shots really floored me.  I have been waiting a long time for those.
   I hope to see a more conventional (if you can call them that) Gondola Wheel.  This one in the screen shots seems to be over-done in size.  Smaller Parks or even carnivals would not have one quite that big w/stand up carts.  I would also like to see a more conventional carousel; one where the entire unit rotates with horses abreast of each other (as in RCT2).  I am also hopeful that they will add a Chance Skydiver type ride.  These are not found in many parks, but like the Tilt A Whirl and Zipper, they are a staple for many midways.
  But thanks goes to Frontier again for bringing out the Tilt, Thunderbolt/Bobs.  These two are truely staples of most theme parks as well as carnival midways.  No layout would be complete without one or both of these. Biggrin

There is a great site called CFH Rides and they create some great rides that I have seen at many an exhibition/county fair including Crazy Dance, Paratrooper, and about 2 or 3 different styles of ferris wheel. 
CFR | cfhrides (wixsite.com)
(Aug 22, 2005, 09:48 AM)Mark Hyde Wrote: I am absolutely thrilled to see some of the more traditional 'Thrill Rides' being included in these expansion packs.  I enjoy doing small carnival/county fair layouts as well as larger parks.  I was getting concerned that the more taditional rides ie, Tilt A Whirl, Thunder Bolt/Bobs, Super Loops were being left out and that only newer high tech rides were being added.  Seeing the Tilt, Thunderbolt/Bobs, Super Loop, and Loop O Plane in the screen shots really floored me.  I have been waiting a long time for those.
   I hope to see a more conventional (if you can call them that) Gondola Wheel.  This one in the screen shots seems to be over-done in size.  Smaller Parks or even carnivals would not have one quite that big w/stand up carts.  I would also like to see a more conventional carousel; one where the entire unit rotates with horses abreast of each other (as in RCT2).  I am also hopeful that they will add a Chance Skydiver type ride.  These are not found in many parks, but like the Tilt A Whirl and Zipper, they are a staple for many midways.
  But thanks goes to Frontier again for bringing out the Tilt, Thunderbolt/Bobs.  These two are truely staples of most theme parks as well as carnival midways.  No layout would be complete without one or both of these. Biggrin

You could try the CFH Rides website for some great custom rides like Crazy Dance, Paratropper, and Music Express.
Lol, after 16 years I doubt the OP is still active here.

But I would like more variety in flat rides, and would like some midway booths such as seen in every park and fair - shooting gallery, ring toss, etc.