Vote for your favorite track! Round 261

[Image: buildit.png]

Round 261 Voting

It's time for another round of voting for RCTgo's Build It! Competition. Four more great entries are up for voting - below are the name and screenshot of each. It's now time for you to vote for your favorite track!

Let's have a great round!

#1: The Woodsman

[Image: 58ea4bd50d398.png]

#2: 1,2 SWITCH!

[Image: 58eae1d81f201.png]

#3: Forest Rage

[Image: 58efc4f360878.png]

#4: Wildcat

[Image: 58f0f30128e31.jpg]

Voting is now open!

Voting will remain open until Saturday, April 22
All these entries are pretty nice, but The Woodsman claims my vote.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
The Woodsman-  Looks like an awesome coaster and a great family coaster.  The buildings and area around it look great.  Ironically I had considered this name for my rollercoaster, Hatchet, which was in the previous round of buildit, 261.  I only have one complaint about this Coaster.  It a steel coaster and called Woodsman.  Other than that it is an awesome coaster.

1,2 Switch- This entry need some work.  It looks like a great concept, I assume it is based off Switchback at ZDT's in Texas.
It just need more theming and to be more interesting.  Remember this is constructive criticism and it just need theming work.  Other than that it is good

Forest Rage- This is a decent RCT3 entrance, except it doesn't look like a forest to me.  This ride just needs some foliage work. This is a solid entry and is definitely worth a download.

Wildcat- Wow.  This looks like an Awesome No Limits 2 Coaster.  The color scheme works great and the supports are awesome.  We just need a POV.  Other than that I have not complaints.

This looks to be an awesome round.  The Woodsman takes my vote.  Wildcat is a close second.  Best of luck to all.  Let's have a great round.
4 Build it Wins!!! Thanks to everyone who voted for me!!!
Current Project: Learn how to use Parkitect
RCT 3 so Forest rage is my vote this time
Looks like a pretty even round. I vote for Wildcat.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQJ4pMy...jE-kXeN_YA
Wildcat has action in every part of the track. Everything fits perfectly on the design.
User Thread: https://forums.rctgo.com/thread-23653-po...#pid133975
Alright, fair round.
MY THOUGHTS:
-Woodsman
Nice little track, I like the scenery but not the layout so much.
-1-2 Switch
The exact opposite. Great layout, no scenery. :/
-Forest Rage
I like the track layout and scenery, it's nice to see RCT3 is still relevant in these RCT2-filled contests. The supports could use a bit more detail though.
-Wildcat
I refuse to vote for Arrow loopers, sorry.
Especially nolimits ones!
Forest Rage ended up with my vote.
I'm useless, but not for long, the future, is coming on
Wow Wildcat has fantastic shaping from the screenshots, who made it? I can't think of any NL2 creator on this site that can create fantastic track work like that!
This is a very balanced round, but not an excellent one by any means

Woodsman-This one got my vote, only because really it was the only one with an actually significant unique theme or some level of detail about it, however its still pretty small and seems kind of empty, but I mean hey its good, and I'm not going to complain its a steel coaster because it was themed well 7/10

1, 2 Switch- Honestly I wouldn't have allowed it in a round, there's such little scenery, all this coaster seems to be is playing with a few OpenRCT2 mechanics and not much else, this doesn't deserve any votes in my opinion 2/10

Forest Rage- just everyone go look at Maverick 360's tag line slogan thingy, you know what I mean, I've said it in the past and I'll say it again, just trees, supports and a simple station will not get you a win, and no I'm not letting this coaster off easy because it has a small pond with some fountains 4/10

Wildcat- That first screenshot had me fooled, but it has the exact same problems as Forest Rage, but a cooler layout so 5/10
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]

It's been too long, but this round needs it.

The Woodsman - As far as scenery goes, this is the only entry this round with a clear theme. Wood. While signs may say "The Woodsman", the buildings echo it; the station, the lift hill, the queue line, and the brake run show that the intended theme was properly executed. The inclusion of rocks and shrubs is a nice touch, though the fruit trees would have already been there since it's Electric Fields. The layout is questionable. It features a 35-foot drop, then the hill after the second drop contains another piece of lift hill. After that, it makes one final drop, then the remainder of the ride is just a bunch of curves and s-bends until the brake run, so it seems unnecessary to bring the ride higher again. It doesn't look like much planning was put into this layout, other than perhaps to dodge the preset trees. Even then, it's built awkwardly above them rather than around them, so it doesn't even interact with the trees it's apparently avoiding. The result is a coaster with a random and seemingly rushed layout built much higher off the ground than it needs to be above scenery that was already there, but with great-looking buildings. It's an example of a beginner-level coaster hidden behind more experienced scenery work.

1,2 SWITCH! - This coaster successfully executes the use of a switchback track on a wooden coaster, which has only recently become possible. It could use more variation in the drop height during the backwards portion, but other than that, there's nothing about this layout that could be improved. The ride's unfortunate downfall, as everyone seems to agree, is that it's built in the middle of an empty grass field with unfinished and unpainted roller coasters in the background. If this were built in something that resembled a park, with guests, paths, foliage, and some form of terrain variation, this could have winning potential. Since the track cannot be saved due to the modifications used to run it, it's understandable that it can't be moved from one park to another, but in the future, it's recommended that tracks like these be built in parks where there's more room to build around them to ensure a more complete look. Right now, this coaster includes seven colorful signs, but there are no paths to see them from and no guests to see them. And this is a coaster that deserves to be seen.

Forest Rage - This is yet another example of a coaster that seems like it focused on certain details while overlooking others. Time was clearly spent placing those custom supports, and it paid off, as those supports are all in the right places. The B&M effect is strengthened further by the use of catwalks, transfer tracks, and the famous pre-drop at the end of the lift hill. After that, it looks and feels more like a random RCT3 coaster than something B&M might build. The large drop is followed by a small loop, which in turn is followed by a large hill. Everything after this hill is unusually fast, most noticeably the barrel roll and the upward curve immediately leading into the brake run. It looks as though it could have been rushed, but more likely is that was built to fit into a predesignated space despite being located in an open grass sandbox (grassbox?). It's almost as if the second half of the ride revolves around that one curve traveling through that loop, which is a great gimmick, but only if the coaster is traveling at a more appropriate speed. While that brake run does successfully keep the train from charging around the remainder of the track, there's nothing between the mid-course brake run and the end brake run except one drop and some low-speed curves, which is basically the equivalent of having two end brake runs with a few hundred feet of curved track between them. This coaster would make more sense with a track length of at least 3,000 feet and more space to run its course without the abrupt end.

Wildcat - There aren't many screenshots of this one, and no POV, so it's difficult to tell how smoothly this ride actually runs, but it definitely looks like an Arrow coaster; not just because the layout features common Arrow elements (other than the Immelmann), but also because the lift supports resemble those of the large Arrow looping coasters from the late 80s. It's clear that a lot of time was put into building the supports, and I had thought it to be over-supported until I saw how many supports it took to keep Viper and Great American Scream Machine off the ground. I would suggest varying the terrain paints a bit so it isn't built entirely on one shade of open grass, and possibly modify the height of the terrain on the outside so it isn't just flat grass. I also spy a lake in the background, which would have enhanced the ride's image further had it been built closer to the ride. The foliage looks full and diverse, and contributes to a potential wilderness theme, though one screenshot suggests that one tree is a little too friendly with the curve immediately preceding the end brake run.
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!