Vote for your favorite track! Round 262

(Apr 26, 2017, 11:43 AM)BlazingEmpireHD Wrote: Slurp, there are entries that take two weeks to produce that are way better. You can do better, just simply do not limit yourself. Either that or you produce stuff slower than a snail. Wink
I don't want to compare effort put in each entries by comparing the time it took to make them. Someone can build very fast and make a good coaster, and someone else can take a lot of time to make something as good. Or, for the same amount of time, some people are able to make something very detailed, while others struggle with time to make something as good.

So, if you're a slow or a fast builder, it doesn't matter for me. I don't care about how much time you spent on your entry, either if you take 3 days or 1 month to make it. What I look at is the final result. If your entry is not very good, you should put more effort on it.

So, Slurp, don't be afraid to spend more time on your entry if you need it to make it better. Taking time to place all the small details is one of the best way to improve your stuff. And it's ok not to use custom scenery, I don't use a lot of them either.
Trying to make an inspiring park or coaster.
For the amount of stuff he produced, it's relatively slow, considering. However, that doesn't make this coaster bad. All it needs is a few extra things to make it better, this is the second best coaster in the round, at least, to me. Good luck, all!
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
Okay, I've missed doing my whole system with voting. Let's get back to it!

Rattlesnake
Track/Layout - Overall, this is a pretty unique layout. I can see more people like to build shuttle wooden coasters, however it feels pretty basic compared to other shuttle woodies I've seen in simulations. 7/10
Scenery/Theming - I like how you did the whole western spiel. Very good buildings, and it's in an appropriate setting. Again though, it seems a bit basic. 15/20
Landscaping - I actually really do enjoy how the landscaping was done. Terrain, ground shrubbery, it feels pretty appropriate. Could use some more touching up though, maybe fill up some of those open spaces. 12/20

Overall Score - 33/50, 6.5/10. I have more categories, but since this was RCT2, there aren't as many as other games have. 

Tapu Lele
Track/Layout - Cool how you did the compact feel, and I understand that this wasn't meant to be grand, so I'll give you a pass on it. 7/10
Scenery/Theming - I do think you could have done some more with the scenery. Like I said, this wasn't meant to be a grand compact coaster, so you didn't have a lot of room for it. 10/20
Landscaping - This is what I really like about the coaster. I love the terrain, trees, and there aren't any open spots. 15/20

Overall Score - 32/50, 6.5/10

RED THUNDER
Track/Layout - You really could have done more. I understand that Air Powered Coasters are kind of hard to make unique layouts with, but at least a bit more. 4/10
Supports - There weren't any custom supports, and I think that you could even have done some custom supporting just with the Wall Girders from Colored Walls. 7/20
Terrain - The mountain idea is cool, but it was extremely sketchy and the terrain coloring really felt out of place. Try to give yourself some more room on this, and going back to the layout, you could have had some cool terrain interactions, maybe with something like a ravine. 7/15
Station - This was clearly made from a park with no CS, so the Colored Walls are ok, but I didn't like the top of the roof. Just a simple rooftop piece would have been better and made it look more realistic. 2/5
Foliage - This is by far the most important part of the ride, and there were lots of open spots to fill up. I give this out of 50, but being a no CS coaster, I'll have it be out of 25. 10/25

Overall Score - 30/75, 4/10. I think you could definitely have waited a couple rounds to make the ride more unique and thought out.

Core
Track/Layout - I do really like the layout. It's inverted coaster appropriate, and it has lots of good elements to it. Could it have been a bit longer? Well, sure, but I like what you made here. 8/10
Supports - Well, since this is clearly another no CS coaster, the supports don't really matter here, so that's half-credit. 10/20
Terrain - I think it's a good start. You had some ponds in between, and other terrain features, but it's nothing grand. However, it's a good start. If you went with what you had, you could have a GREAT location. 10/15
Station - I'm not a huge fan of the station however. I understand that that specific set is hard to make a good station with, but you could have made it a bit less blocky. 3/5
Foliage - Being no CS, it's out of 25 again. I really like the foliage. It's got good variety, there aren't any open spaces, and my only problem is that it didn't really fit the Sci-Fi station. Just change the station theme, and it's great. 17/25

Overall Score - 48/75, 6.5/10. Good start! You should just expand a little bit.

- - - - -

Because of the cool layout and design and just overall feeling the most complete, I'm voting for Rattlesnake. Good luck to everyone

(Apr 26, 2017, 09:26 AM)Slurp Wrote: Well, I'm olive. XD

Core is finished. I worked on that for 2  weeks. And I'm told now it's not?!
Just because something has no CS doesn't mean it's bad.
Coughcoughcoughmedievalmonstercoughcough
But I'm fukd because, well, I apperently suck XD
Thats ok I just entered for fun.

First off, I thought the point was to not reveal who the creator was. Second, you don't suck. You were actually my second choice, just work more on maybe some terrain/landscaping, some custom scenery, and you would have my vote
I need a new signature.
This ^

Do not get me wrong, you are a good builder, but I think you could have done so much more in just two weeks.
^ ^ ^ 100% AGREE ^ ^ ^
I need a new signature.
It's been awhile since I've poured my thoughts into a round, and keep in mind, I am not trying to be hurtful, I am merely pouring my thoughts out as in to help the user/builder better himself for his next entry.

Rattlesnake: 
Well, this is a quaint and fun lookin' woodie. The architecture is nice,  the atmosphere is there....and that's about it. There's hardly anything to look at. I have paid mind that it's in a desert, but in the desert there are still bushes and a few trees here and there. Yes, I know there's trees and bushes, but variety should come to mind when looking at this. The backround is just flat and plain. Overall, it's the best entry here, and it has claimed my vote. 

7/10.

Tapu Lele:
I am honestly a bit surprised that Justin let this in...but ah well. For a very very very beginner coaster, this is...alright. It is in no way good enough to be a winner. There's nothing but a glass building over the station, by which, you did not even have to build. The layout is absolutely atrocious, the landscaping, even though there is a lot of trees, it's so cramped that you could barely walk through it, much less, fit a coaster there! Overall, so much more work is needed to even make this entry viable. 

2/10

RED THUNDER:
This is not very much better than the one above. I get that it's an air powered vertical, but where's the banking? Going around both curves would be fatal because of the G's sustained. The station is poorly made, a bit blocky with lacking detail. There is some foliage, but that's one type of tree and nothing else. However, I do like how simple the station is, even though it's relatively lacklustre. I also do like how the creator did try to make mountains. 

3/10

Core:
This is easily the second best coaster in this round, but that does not mean it's completely free of faults. As per mentioned before, the station and queue is used primarily for glass. These glass buildings are blocky, un-detailed, and rather, lazily slapped there. Plus, the fact that you said it took two weeks to make this coaster. There is some landscaping, a little bit of water, and varying trees. You could choose to add more variety and have some extra colour strewn in there, such as painted land instead of blank, barren grass. 

5/10

As stated before, my critiquing is for the intention to help. Good luck, everyone involved!
This is not the best of rounds. At all. I am going to vote for rattlesnake, just because it is the most complete, not to say that I think it is complete. All of these entries need a bit of work.
Check out my Youtube Channel!
Subscribe? Maybe? No? OK.