Vote for your favorite track! Round 270

(Aug 12, 2017, 03:12 PM)BlazingEmpireHD Wrote: I get Ice Palace is a first time entry, but it's not the best entry here, you should know that. Hey, if it's your personal preference, fine, but at least study in more on the other entries. Wink

BlazingEmpireHD (If you were directing your comment towards me) Please in the future don't assume that I don't take the time to look at the other entries before deciding which one I want to vote for. I always look at each entry. Ice Palace was the one I liked the best so I voted for it. Smile
It was aimed at everyone. It's completely fair to vote for who you like best, but I am more of a guy at picking which one really is *the best. If you were to put these top three in a dead heat, Ice Palace would not win.

Like I said, vote for your favourite, but also vote for which you think is best. Negating your bias for the favourite.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
The only reason I voted for it is because of 3 things

1. Its the only RCT3 entry in the round
2. I want to support first time entries
3.it looks amazing for a coaster type I don't use often.

Criticize all you want but I think the creator did a good job and they deserve more credit than you're giving them just for effort alone! I think if I had included more presentation for my flume ride there's no way I would've lost! But I didn't know how much presentation was needed

Cut the ice palace's creator some slack will you?!

I'm not being rude or anything but I won't stand by when a new comer is being criticized to the point where people are just assuming their entry is bad. The Ice Palace's creator did their best. Who do you think they are, Silverett? (I hope I spelled that right) that's rediculus. I know I sound angry and I am slightly because I can't see what the issue is
Let's all just have a nice competition please. Thank you, and good luck to all!
(Aug 12, 2017, 09:32 PM)rctmuttindudge Wrote: The only reason I voted for it is because of 3 things

Criticize all you want but I think the creator did a good job and they deserve more credit than you're giving them just for effort alone! I think if I had included more presentation for my flume ride there's no way I would've lost! But I didn't know how much presentation was needed

Cut the ice palace's creator  some slack will you?!

I'm not being rude or anything but I won't stand by when a new comer is being criticized to the point where people are just assuming their entry is bad. The Ice Palace's creator did their best. Who do you think they are, Silverett? (I hope I spelled that right) that's rediculus. I know I sound angry and I am slightly because I can't see what the issue is

You make some valid points and I agree.

(Aug 12, 2017, 09:26 PM)BlazingEmpireHD Wrote: It was aimed at everyone. It's completely fair to vote for who you like best, but I am more of a guy at picking which one really is *the best. If you were to put these top three in a dead heat, Ice Palace would not win.

Like I said, vote for your favourite, but also vote for which you think is best. Negating your bias for the favourite.

I see your point of view. But you may be surprised how the votes may turn out at the end of the competition. Not everyone posts in the forum who they voted for. Just a side note: I have voted for RCT2 entries in the past. While I think many of the entries for RCT2 are good. I still stand by my decision for Ice Palace as my final vote.
(Aug 12, 2017, 09:32 PM)rctmuttindudge Wrote: The only reason I voted for it is because of 3 things

Cut the ice palace's creator  some slack will you?!

I'm just saying this: the one who made Ice Palace did a decent job with it, and it looks pretty nice! It's just that, like Hurricane Force 12, it was unlucky to be in a round with two very strong entries that shows a higher skill level. They still can have some improvement to make them better, and that's why we give feedback, so their creator knows what to do better next time and see himself/herself improve, not to make them feel bad.

Also, we don't expect to see stuff like Silvarret (that's the correct spelling if you wanna know), we just want to see decent entries where there was effort put in them to make them good. And that's the case for all the entries in this round, but at different skill levels.

I can totally understand why you voted for Ice Palace, but there will still be people that will not agree with you, and you have to accept that. Even me, to be honest, don't agree with the reasons you gave to vote for this entry.

So yeah, you don't need to get that much pity for Ice Palace because it's a new-comer entry and you feel that it was put down by the other entries, because it's not the case. We still take them into consideration and we want to see the best for each of them.

So please, take some time to think about it. I hope you will understand us better.
Trying to make an inspiring park or coaster.
Justin and the Moderators of this group. I think this is getting out of hand. People have the right to vote who they want to no matter what the situation is. People are going to disagree. Let's put this issue to rest and enjoy the rest of the competition. It's a friendly competition.
None of us have seen a problem with the posts, hence why they're still here. We are watching to make sure nothing gets too out of hand - censorship isn't something we particularly like.
Team CoasterTech

(Aug 12, 2017, 11:10 PM)ChrisMDB Wrote: None of us have seen a problem with the posts, hence why they're still here. We are watching to make sure nothing gets too out of hand - censorship isn't something we particularly like.
I am not suggesting censorship. But I know if I have said some of the same things that were mentioned by other members of this group I would have gotten in trouble for it. It has happened before. I've held back on a lot of the things I've wanted to say out of respect. And I think that is something lacking in the posts sometimes.
I think the best thing is to just quit off of this topic entirely. We do not need censorship/banning, whatever to take place. All I wanted to get across was I personally think objectively, that facts versus opinion is better than being subjective to say that opinion > facts.

Anyways, this topic shall be no more. Enjoy the round before matters have to be taken into consideration.