Build It Competition should it be Anonymous ?

I can agree in some ways to that, however RCT3 is not very realistic either. That, my friend, is a story for another time. RCT2 can only be considered not realistic by its lack of a 3D pov. RCT2 is isometric.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
This has gone off on a tangent on what is and what isn't realistic, and we've wandered away from a core point, the alleged "standards" of Build It. Yellow even found its way into this post, which rarely happens, so it means something obvious is being overlooked.

The standards that an entry must meet to be entered in Build It are as follows:

Justin Wrote:Starting with Round 221, entries must be themed. A base track with absolutely no theming or scenery will no longer be considered a satisfactory entry.

That's it. Everything else is subjective to the audience, and is therefore out of management's control. Build It as a whole has no standards; each individual user does, and while many of us have developed similar sets of objective criteria that we look for in an entry, a user has a right to vote for whichever entry he or she desires based on whatever reason they want. Many of us will recommend that certain basic criteria are met (i.e. scenery, foliage, terraforming, etc) so that your coaster appears "complete", but failing to meet this criteria will not disqualify you from future rounds; you'll just be much less likely to win those rounds, and there's a very good reason for that. As much of a role as the voters play in this competition, they should not be your main focus when designing an entry. As far as Build It "standards" go, there's an even more important demographic to pay attention to.

If you want to win rounds, you must understand the most basic and most important principle of Build It, or any other competition, because it's always the same. Your entry must be better than all the other entries. It's that simple. The expectations of entries are not determined by the voters, but by the builders, who continue to raise them each time they improve. You're competing against them first and satisfying the voters' expectations second. If you complain that Build It standards are too high, all you're saying is that the other builders are too good. And this complaint is useless, because it would imply that players should put in less effort just to make the competition easier for newcomers to win. They're instead going to continue to improve their building skills in order to increase their chances of winning against other builders doing the same thing. This is how every competition works.

The criteria set by some voters is only a basic guideline for how to improve your chances of winning, and it's encouraged that builders follow it because there are already builders who follow it. You won't win by doing less. "Completeness" or "realism" won't guarantee you a win each time, because there will always be rounds where another coaster is deemed equally good or better, but it will greatly improve your chances in a round with fewer "complete" entries, and over time, you'll develop your own skills further and eventually become a roller coaster powerhouse. If you're determined enough, that is. This doesn't happen overnight for any builder.

If you look at a winning entry with the mentality of "this is the requirement I must satisfy", you're only halfway there. In order to maximize your chances of winning, you must look at a great winning entry and say, 
"This is the coaster I have to beat."
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
Bravo, Terry Inferno! You have literally just conveyed all of what I was trying to convey, and yet, without any messy writing, or poor grammar. You have definitely hit every single mark with this recent tangent. Great. On. You! There is no way I could improve upon what you have just laid down.

I think that this is a good conclusion to this mess of tangents in one thread. :P At least we will always have these posts to refer to if we ever become uncertain about Build It! rounds. Thanks for all the participation on here, guys, really shows that we all care at least some in one respect for this competition.

That should do it, yes?
(Aug 31, 2017, 02:54 AM)BlazingEmpireHD Wrote: Bravo, Terry Inferno! You have literally just conveyed all of what I was trying to convey, and yet, without any messy writing, or poor grammar. You have definitely hit every single mark with this recent tangent. Great. On. You! There is no way I could improve upon what you have just laid down.

I think that this is a good conclusion to this mess of tangents in one thread. :P At least we will always have these posts to refer to if we ever become uncertain about Build It! rounds. Thanks for all the participation on here, guys, really shows that we all care at least some in one respect for this competition.

That should do it, yes?

Well said, agreed. Good point about having this thread to go back to, I for one have learned more about the build it comp in just this one thread than I did reading the rules because it was broken down in so many different ways per each person's own way of explaining things. I feel like I'm getting a sense of some of the different personalities that make up the site which is good for building creative working relationships and of course friendships.
Oh so new comers like me and Taffyta don't Stand a chance because people are always improving is that it? OK yeah sure just you wait and see
It is either, unfortunately, improve, or keep losing. However, if your entries are just to that brink of good, you could still win on your first entry. (Which I would hope would happen).

Even if you win though, that never means an entry is perfect, each entry can still improve. That is based on opinions, nitpicks, and overall quality of your entry.

My rule of thumb, just try your best, and if you lose, you're not trying your best. Good luck!
@vanellopecoastergirl: I am certain without an ink of doubt that that is not at all what you were meant to take from this. I mean no disrespect at all when I say this, but Vanellope, you need to go back and read this entire conversation again. Twice if it helps. Both the moderators we have, ChrisMD and TerryInferno, as well as BlazingEmpireHD and Nave have explained as best as anyone could wish for, what the Build It competition should be seen as for new-comers. All that you've managed to take from all of that is that newcomers like you and rctmuttindudge shouldn't stand a chance? You must have some real insecurities in your skills as a player if that's anything to go by. Anything I could say at this point would just be a retelling of all the posts so far, and everyone has said it all pretty much perfectly.
Currently working on a fictional Italian non-park. Expected release date: Soonâ„¢

[Image: QLvoQOM.png]
Hey look that's just what it sounds like OK? I technically haven't entered yet but Taffyta has and she lost big time
So, if she lost, then she would feel compelled to know why she did, and want to fix that, right? This whole topic is essentially a guide to help you with that.

Give it a shot, and do your best! Wink
Terry Inferno summed it up very well. RCTgo doesn't control which entries win. If you want to win, you have to have the best entry.

The scenery requirement was put in place to weed out entries that had no chance of winning. There are no other standards you need to worry about other than striving to do your best.

I think both the initial topic of the thread (anonymous entry) and the tangent (entry standards) have been thoroughly covered at this point, so I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.