[RCT2] Parenzo

Italian tourist city, i've built this year! Feel free to visit it!

https://rctgo.com/downloads/view/parenzo.17694
I'm playing rct2. Feel free to message me everytime you need to know something about the game or just want to have a nice little talk. <3
It's just lovely. I can't describe how much that city looks the part of Italian. It's so well done. I think this might be Ziscor's favourite park map. Wink

It is a shame that the 'park' aspect is a bit underwhelming. Like, to make this whole work a park and not a non-park. Oh well, I'll sit here and stare at those beautiful buildings, and that spectacular dock/waterway system. Well done!
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
(Dec 22, 2017, 06:36 PM)BlazingEmpireHD Wrote: It's just lovely. I can't describe how much that city looks the part of Italian. It's so well done. I think this might be Ziscor's favourite park map. Wink

It is a shame that the 'park' aspect is a bit underwhelming. Like, to make this whole work a park and not a non-park. Oh well, I'll sit here and stare at those beautiful buildings, and that spectacular dock/waterway system. Well done!

Thank you for your comment. Yeah i do agree that the park is not up to the quality of the city.
I'm playing rct2. Feel free to message me everytime you need to know something about the game or just want to have a nice little talk. <3
This has some great architectural composition, with every building having its own identity. Combined with the scenic waves, it's a fantastic map, and the style and level of detail would make for a fantastic amusement park. If done correctly, it could be an Italian Gröna Lund.

The size of the "park" may appear underwhelming in comparison to the rest of the map, but what's there does not disappoint. With that support job, Looping Star is one of the best and most realistic compact Schwarzkopf coasters I've seen in RCT2. There's a guy here named ChrisMDB who is going to dance around the forums ecstatically when he sees it.
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
While my appreciation for parks ends where my appreciation for non-parks begins, I think this is one of those times I was just too pleasantly surprised to see both on a humbling canvas of a seemingly-Italian theme. I was given the fortune of seeing this before it got to the public, and I still recall how pleasant it felt to me that a release of such a size, and containing such a simple unassuming "park" was being put out. I like the small and modest setting, the rendition of Croatian architecture in your very distinct style, and the bits of colourful awnings, shops, gift racks and coin machines sprinkled across it all give the old-yet-revered general 'Italian' feeling atmosphere some modern touches, which I also appreciated. As such, the ground level work is phenomenal. I've been trying so hard to pull that aspect off with my own projects without falling to pure imitation, but you make it seem really easy. Easier than it probably is. Going into specifics, I really, really loved the Cemetery and Church duo around one edge of the map. You pulled it off really well going by the object selection you had for yourself for it. It goes without saying, though, that the focus of the map as a whole is the entire waterfront, which is the biggest attraction of this 'park' for me. More-so than the special Looping Star.

I'm disappointed this didn't quite get the reception I would have hoped for it to get when it released, but I would indeed echo some of the faults people pointed out back then. The park itself was placed in a questionable spot for me, and with some clever work, I'm sure with your current skills you could have positioned it in a more pleasant area of the map. I wouldn't have minded it not being there at all, save for a casual carousel placed somewhere, perhaps, but I'm now glad it did have a park. Gives one something to learn from a park such as this. It still surprises me today that this took you nearly 3 on-and-off years to build, not from the perspective of skill, but the amount of perseverance you must have to stick to something for this long and still manage to release it. Very excited about your next project now, RWE, and never stop making non-parks. It's really where your skill with making architecture shines.
Currently working on a fictional Italian non-park. Expected release date: Soonâ„¢

[Image: QLvoQOM.png]