Vote for your favorite track! Round 278

[Image: buildit.png]

Round 278 Voting

It's time for another round of voting for RCTgo's Build It! Competition. Four more great entries are up for voting - below are the name and screenshot of each. It's now time for you to vote for your favorite track!

Let's have a great round!

#1: Wilde Maus

[Image: 5a337f1bd6f03.png]

#2: Into the Woods

[Image: 5a3435d0e66e3.png]

#3: Frozen

[Image: 5a3d5b36a9171.png]

#4: Trapper

[Image: 5a3de13db8e5c.png]

Voting is now open!

Voting will remain open until December 31, 2017
Wow this is a great round...
Check out my Youtube Channel!
Subscribe? Maybe? No? OK.
Okay, now THIS is a great round. Much more like it! Good luck to all in the round and may the best entry win! Also, Merry Christmas!
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
Funny how this good round is on the one week of the year where the least number of people vote.
Merry Christmas (or just happy holidays) to all and to all a good night.
Check out my Youtube Channel!
Subscribe? Maybe? No? OK.
I really like Wilde Maus. I'm a sucker for small, compact coasters. XD
I am have only RCT3 with the expansions. But, i vote by:
#3: Frozen
Tough decision, the track of 'Wild Mause' is nothing special on its own, but I sincerely like the buildings around the track. 'Frozen' is one hell of a ride, and has a nice station building. The layout of 'Trapper' is pretty decent, but the ride and scenery are rather generic. 'Into the Woods' is not bad at all, but my least favourite of the 4 entries. I'm going with 'Frozen'.
I really liked both RCT2 entries. But in the end I went with Wilde Maus. Into the woods had a lot of potential, but the track needed a lot of work, and the scenery didn't completely fit in the theme. (especially the carnival style food stands) Frozen was very nice, and the layout/trackwork was perfect, but had minimal scenery, and what was there was kinda generic. Trapper was absolutely gorgeous, but not perfect. The layout was in need of something more exciting, and the scenery during the ride was bland. Wilde Maus was amazing in my opinion. The ride itself was not the real draw, it was the scenery. All of the buildings and theming were great, and I could instantly tell it was European.

1st place - Wilde Maus
2nd place - Frozen
3rd place - Trapper
4th place - Into the Woods

Still a great round, and hopefully we can have more rounds like this in the future!

P.S. Great to see you around again MrNozem77!
Add me on any of these sites!

Steam:
XGN | Maverick360
Discord: Maverick360 #6799
Gmail: [email protected]
Youtube: Maverick360
(Dec 28, 2017, 05:39 PM)Maverick360 Wrote: Frozen was very nice, and the layout/trackwork was perfect, but had minimal scenery, and what was there was kinda generic.

Lol
I'm playing rct2. Feel free to message me everytime you need to know something about the game or just want to have a nice little talk. <3
Hey all, yes I'm still alive hiding in the background. Welcome back MrNozem, long time no see.

Wilde Maus:

I'm always a fan of compact layouts, and this is no different. Scenery work is great as well, but there is a deal breaker here - present in the form of the section of track immediately following the sharp drop. It doesn't make the layout bad, nor does it make the entry or project a bust, but I can see that being rather uncomfortable for riders in a realistic setting and that's ultimately why I don't believe this is the best entry in this here round.

Into the Woods:

Honestly, while it looks like a complete NL2 ride it's just boring. Intamin Gigas aren't my thing, as they're rarely (if ever) themed well with scenery (not including rocks, trees, and shrubbery) and they simply don't do anything interesting in my opinion. If I have a choice between a giga/hyper coaster or a woodie I'm taking the woodie every time, but I digress. The work displayed here is among the best NL2 work we've seen on site, yet it isn't the best in this round. I would really like to see our NL2 users step out of their comfort zones and try things that aren't deemed "safe" Build-It! entries - experiment with new techniques in-game, try picking up Sketchup (which in my self-taught experience wasn't terribly difficult), and see where it gets you. If you never try and fail you'll never learn, humans learn best by making mistakes.

Frozen:

Not the prettiest or 'best' ORCT2 work we've seen on site, but still a good project in its own right for sure. If there were more scenery (again, scenery does not include rockwork or foliage in this context) it may have claimed my vote, the surrounding area just doesn't seem enough like a real section of a park (which seems to have been the goal the creator was trying to achieve with the build). If it had a bit more time put into it than I think this project could have outdone the others present in this round (not to say that this didn't have time put into it as it is a pretty good ORCT2, just that more time would have improved it).

Trapper:

Scenery may not be this entry's strong suit, but the layout is done masterfully. Every bump experienced in the POV video feels like a bump on a real woodie. It may not be everyone's cup of tea so to speak, but I think this is one of (if not) the best woodies I've ever seen made on RCT3 in terms of layout.
Team CoasterTech