Why? Just Why?

I swear this is eerily similar to Atari's "Quantity Over Quality" approach they took in the 80s. We may not get another video game crash with all the hardware (three major first party groups, one of whom makes a console AND an operating system for computers), but I wouldn't be surprised if this milking approach spelled the end of Atari.

As for mastering the editor? I haven't even mastered making realistic looking parks (queue houses, more then just single line pathways, proper placement of foliage, etc) and I've been playing since I picked up the disc based version way back in the late summer of 2010 T_T
(Mar 28, 2018, 04:10 PM)ChrisMDB Wrote: This doesn't look like a new game based on what has been shown, it looks like they're porting RCTW to Switch (speaking from experience as I've regrettably played RCTW) paris shuttle. Regardless, we all know it's going to be just another cash grab that deteriorates the brand name even more.

Considering RCT3 was the last 'good' entry into the franchise, and even that is mediocre in retrospect... they should probably stop trying and just go back to 2D isometric... At least in that space they might have some way to salvage their reputation. Although with Parkitect out in Early Access on Steam I doubt they'd be able to compete.

Long story short: RIP RCT.
But maybe they just want to break that image and realize something more realistic.
(Mar 28, 2018, 04:10 PM)ChrisMDB Wrote: This doesn't look like a new game based on what has been shown, it looks like they're porting RCTW to Switch (speaking from experience as I've regrettably played RCTW) paris shuttle. Regardless, we all know it's going to be just another cash grab that deteriorates the brand name even more.

Considering RCT3 was the last 'good' entry into the franchise, and even that is mediocre in retrospect... they should probably stop trying and just go back to 2D isometric... At least in that space they might have some way to salvage their reputation. Although with Parkitect out in Early Access on Steam I doubt they'd be able to compete.

Long story short: RIP RCT.
But maybe they just want to break that image and realize something more realistic.